Middleman

Tools    

Beware The Probe!
Middleman

Anyone else been watching this?

Someone told me about this show a month or so ago and I've been hooked ever since.
I think it's a great little quirky mostly unknown series. Kind of a cross between Men in Black/X-Files/Special Unit 2/Get Smart/Pushing Daisies.

Unfortunately it's only on ABC Family and we don't even get that channel in Canada so I've been having to download them every Monday night.

Based on the comic book series of the same name:

A struggling female artist is recruited by a secret agency to fight against evil forces.

The Middleman is a freelance fixer of "exotic problems," which include mad scientists bent on taking over the world. Because of Wendy Watson's coolness under pressure and photographic memory, Ida, a robot in the form of a grumpy schoolmarm, and the Middleman recruit her to become the next Middleman. The series includes various pop-culture references, including many comic books, such as when Wendy calls herself "Robin the Boy Hostage," demonstrating how Robin was often kidnapped or held at gunpoint by The Joker and other villains.

Wendy lives in an illegal sublet apartment with her young, photogenic, animal activist friend Lacey, across the hall from lyric-spouting Noser, and had a boyfriend in film school named Ben.

Liked the show for its quirkiness and throwback to many of the old school sci-fi shows.

Some of the episodes were hilarious, one of my favorite shows on ABC Family.

-Hattori Hanzo