SPOILERS: Final Destination

Tools    

***** SPOILERS! *****
Below are some spoilers on Final Destination...you've been warned!
***** SPOILERS! *****

Sorry TWT, I couldn't find anywhere to change the thread subject, and sorry about ruining the film for you. I guess I just ruin everything non computer related.

This was the last film I went to see, a few weeks ago... I don't really go to the cinema much, but occasional a change is refreshing.

I thought the film's plot was rather disappointing. From the review, something like "a group of friends must survive after a plane crash killed all their fellow passengers..." I expected them to be stranded on a deserted island or similar.

There were some surprising parts, like when [Carters?] girlfriend stepped out into the main road and was hit by the swerving bus. At first in the cinema, there was silence, but then someone stifled a giggle and within seconds everyone was in uproar...

For those of you that have done modern history, you should equate me at the cinema with the people who went to the first cinemas and thought events in the movie were actually tangeable... hehe when I saw the metal plate flicked up by the train flying towards that other kid (ultimately scethering his head, leaving the kid stumbling around decaptiated for a few moments), I thought "oh no! it's going to hit me!!!".

Well, this forum seems to be about discussing movies, so what do you think t' film?
[Edited by anti_alias on 08-30-2000]

No real harm done.

I'll edit the title myself...one of the privelages of being an admin. Thanks for fixing it - I appreciate it!

[Edited by TWTCommish on 08-30-2000]

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I saw Final Destination the day it came out. That movie was a bad movie, But I loved it so much. It's now one of my favorite movies. It was so cheesy but very very entertaining. I think everyone should see it. I'm counting the days untill its relase on video.

This is one of those threads i found from the dawn of time and i thought i should reply. Final Destination raised some questions for me like: "are we part of a plan?" and "are we really in control of our destiny?", of course i quickly dismissed them leaving them unanwsered and got on with my meaningless exsistance

It wasnt as surprising a movie as i thought it would be but still enjoyable. I found that it wasnt so much as scary (where you wont turn out the light) but nore along the lines of a thriller. All in all Final Destination was NOT a disappointment, but rather does raise some quick and meaningful thoughts.