What order do you watch movies in?

Tools    

Woody Allen is a pedophille
If there is a certain director that I am fond of, I start with his/her first movie, then I work my way to their most current one, it is a very good way to see the director progress and notice patterns in their filmmaking.

There is no real order..

The way I watch them is by filmmakers. For example, I just watched every James Wan film, and am now watching Quentin Tarantino's movies.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I pretty much just watch whatever sounds interesting. And if there are a bunch of movies that I want to see (I recently watched 6 over the weekend that I borrowed from the library), I put them in the order that I think I would like them the most (so I save the one that I find the most interesting for the end).

I don't really watch anything specifically by genre or decade or anything like that. The only time I might do that is if I am watching a series (i.e. Star Wars) or if I decided to watch a movie with a specific person starring in it, or there is a specific theme to it (i.e. western), and another movie that is similar to that one is suggested to me. Then I will watch more than one in that "group". Otherwise, I really don't have an order to anything that I watch.

My system is mixed.

First I'll choose an actor from Oscar nominees or Oscar Quest or Indiewire.

Second check rating movies he/she involved in (Imdb, RT, Meta) (if imdb >= 7.5 or RT >= 80% or Meta >= 60%)

Third check genre

Fourth director

Fifth technicals (soundtract, effects, sound mixing, costume, and my favorite music score)

I dont care about box office,

The topic of this thread reminded me of a version of Godfather I & II that I once saw (or rented at a "video store", remember those?).
It had the two movies arranged in chronological order - if you recall, G-II contains flashback sequences for much of the film.
Some liked it, but many hated it and felt it was a blasphemy of the films since G-II gets split into bookends while G-I becomes the middle of the overall film.
I thought it was pretty cool - seeing the whole life of Don Corleone & his sons in a chronological timeline.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Picking movies:

> movies rated high by my friends on RYM and Filmweb (most often)
> films I have found searching the Internet (very often)
> classics & highly acclaimed films I haven't yet seen (moderately often)
> recommendations from MoFos (seldom)
> watching films on TV (never)

Order of watching films I already have ready to watch:
> random! whatever I feel like watching or I just choose blindly
> I'm during the process of watching Naruse's filmography - in this case I'm going chronologically
> if I discover a new fascinating director, I usually watch some other of his films, but rarely chronologically

Type of a movie:
> would watch everything except for Transformer-like blockbusters and dumb American comedies!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.