The Best Movie No Ones Ever Seen

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This might be so, but when have you heard ANYONE mention Ruthless People in the past 10 years?
I mention it here about once a year.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Cool list, jal90. I've seen some films from it. I've seen some films that are not on the list and NOT EVEN IN THE WHOLE SITE DATABASE. HEHEHE. Now that's what I call obscure.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

This might be so, but when have you heard ANYONE mention Ruthless People in the past 10 years?

Someone here has it in their top 10 (can't remember who) also my mum loves it. Its Such a Beautiful Day was a nominee for the 5th HOF here and made the Animation Countdown. I've mentioned Dear Zachary a few times here, and there was a time when a lot of people I know were telling me to watch it.

I have a list about this stuff.
I wouldn't call some of the anime films you listen unseen though they are popular among certain circles. Though different circles than film fans frequent. In general 99% of the great movies are not watched by many people just the new Hollywood stuff gets high exposure and that's it, even movies like Fanny and Alexander are known only among film buffs and film critics, groups which are like 0.1% or less of the population of US or Europe.

The Weapon (1956) I did a search on MoFo and the only mention of it was my review. It only has 3 reviews on IMDB.
Among my fav. lists, in animation, entry number 36, has only 6 ratings on the IMDB.

Though it was pretty popular in Japan beating many big budget Hollywood movies in disk sales in 2013.

I wouldn't call some of the anime films you listen unseen though they are popular among certain circles. Though different circles than film fans frequent. In general 99% of the great movies are not watched by many people just the new Hollywood stuff gets high exposure and that's it, even movies like Fanny and Alexander are known only among film buffs and film critics, groups which are like 0.1% or less of the population of US or Europe.
Oh yeah, that's something I should clarify here; I am not merely talking about unseen there, but am applying an objective cut-off point. Basically anything 30 or more minutes length that has less than 500 votes in that website and I rated 8 or higher. Anime fans are underrepresented in the website, so it's natural that there are various movies there (however, a lot more people know about the Madoka franchise (in this forum, thanks to your heated campaign ) than they know about the Sekai Meisaku Dowa films. So even in that case there are levels). That's why I'd take my list with a grain of salt, and go in a case by case basis. There's unknown, but there's also partially known and even reasonably popular there whose fanbase for some reason is misrepresented.

Anyway, to give some context to these data, Fanny and Alexander has >14,000 votes there at this moment (>36,000 at IMDb, but IMDb has a far wider spectrum).

Cool list, jal90. I've seen some films from it. I've seen some films that are not on the list and NOT EVEN IN THE WHOLE SITE DATABASE. HEHEHE. Now that's what I call obscure.
Check if they appear in IMDb. If they don't, they may be obscure enough for you

Murder Party (2007) - made on a budget of nothing, basically ignored

Murder Party (2007) - made on a budget of nothing, basically ignored
I saw that. I kinda liked it, though I haven't seen it in forever. I've wanted to see it again.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Check if they appear in IMDb. If they don't, they may be obscure enough for you
They do. My own movie doesn't, though. It's the most obscure flick ever!

Oh yeah, that's something I should clarify here; I am not merely talking about unseen there, but am applying an objective cut-off point. Basically anything 30 or more minutes length that has less than 500 votes in that website and I rated 8 or higher. Anime fans are underrepresented in the website, so it's natural that there are various movies there (however, a lot more people know about the Madoka franchise (in this forum, thanks to your heated campaign ) than they know about the Sekai Meisaku Dowa films. So even in that case there are levels). That's why I'd take my list with a grain of salt, and go in a case by case basis. There's unknown, but there's also partially known and even reasonably popular there whose fanbase for some reason is misrepresented.

Anyway, to give some context to these data, Fanny and Alexander has >14,000 votes
there at this moment (>36,000 at IMDb, but IMDb has a far wider spectrum).
I see, so you list movies that are obscure to the movie buffs that use that website.

What the hell is the middle one?
Shame (1987)

That's Hugh Jackman's wife. It's an Australian movie; her character is on vacation by motorcycle and she breaks down in a town where a lot of the men are women abusers. Emotional movie for me, although I haven't seen it in a while.

Shame (1987)

That's Hugh Jackman's wife. It's an Australian movie; her character is on vacation by motorcycle and she breaks down in a town where a lot of the men are women abusers. Emotional movie for me, although I haven't seen it in a while.
I just glanced at the poster and thought she was lifting her shirt to show her pregnant belly at first

Act of Dishonour (2010) - Niloufar Pazir
A Story of Yonosuke (2013) - Shuichi Okita