Fanfiction and original stuff

Tools    

by the way, this thread is for anyone who writes fanfiction, please feel free to post here as well...

okay guys, i do write fanfiction...i have written a lot of stuff for ever after and a sequel to dirty dancing if anyone is interested...be glad to post anything for you...

anyway, this is an original story called virtual reality and i hope you like it....

Virtual Reality

An Original Story by Susan
Loosely Based on True Events

“No, No,” he cried, as they placed the handcuffs around his wrists, “I didn’t do it. Don’t you understand? This isn’t real, this is all a game. No, please.”

He woke with a start. It was the same dream every night, he thought as he looked around the room. The same dark, empty room that he had been sleeping in ever since he moved in here.

And he could never understand why he was here in the first place, but this is what he had to settle for since he was laid off almost three months ago. They claimed that it was due to downsizing, but he had known better than that.

This had hit Alexander Porter right in the gut. It was so unexpected and it just came right out of left field. Why had they done this to him? Of all the people they had to let go, why him? He was the most self- respected man in the company, the one that everyone had gone to for help. He had bailed their butt out so many times that he needed several hands to do it.

He was their shining star in the company, or so he had been told. Alexander worked with a designing team to create computer games. One and only one had been a hit, the one he figured out on his own, and the one they stole from him and claimed it was theirs. The game was aptly named “Virtual Reality” because there was so much variety. Oh sure it was a violent game, but it was a big hit. They had to tone it down some, parents had been complaining.

Alexander had the only original game with everything still intact. The raping, the looting, the killing; maybe it was bad for you, but he made his escape every night when he got home from a hard day at work. With his wife screaming at him every night, he needed somewhere to go; somewhere to escape to and this was it.

Never mind that he was slightly eccentric and had his little idiosyncrasies. That shouldn’t bother anyone. So he liked to carry his “lucky sock” in his pockets. So sometimes he kept it in front of him, especially at the workplace. It had always brought him luck, more than once. So he liked everything neat and clean and in order. So he didn’t let anyone of his colleagues near him. They couldn’t fire him for that. This was his personality. They could get used to it, and even if they couldn’t? So what?

Alex’s life went on like this for eight months. Same thing, boring and mundane, everything status quo. He delved deeper into his game, sometimes pretending that the woman he killed and raped was his wife. He started going to bed later and later every morning.

Until the day Sherry Nikols walked into his life.

Sherry was the new receptionist. She was tiny, five feet to be exact, short brown hair and glasses. She had a great body and she was all leg. She was friendly and intelligent and more importantly, she was funny. She could spar with him word for word, joke for joke.

And she was the only woman who would talk to him in the entire company.

Alex had gotten extremely close to her, sometimes spending most of his day at her desk rather than his own. She was great to talk to and fun to be around. She was close to his age; he was thirty-five, she was twenty-seven. He was now beginning to wish that he had met her first instead of his wife.

The only problem with that one was that she was married as well.

So when he came home now, he would substitute her as the woman he raped, well, he didn’t consider it a rape as much as it was making love to her.

Then he was laid off and it was just when he was beginning to enjoy it. His joy came from seeing Sherry every morning. She was the light of his life, everything he looked forward to.

And he was never going to see her again.

Later that afternoon, he called her on the phone at his former company to speak with her. He wanted his personal files off the computer and she was the only one who knew where they were. He asked her to meet him in a parking lot and she would give them to him, only she really didn’t know where they were or what he was talking about.

She hadn’t given him a thing.

So he began to call her. His wife worked during the day and he had been alone. He missed her something fierce. The job thing was going nowhere and he was curious to find out about the company, plus it would give him an excuse to see her.

So he called. She had accepted his invitation to lunch the first time, but it had gone wrong. Nothing had happened the way he wanted it. After that, he tried to call again, but she refused his calls and wouldn’t see him again.

Alex was a mess by now. He was heavily into his game and had quit looking for a job. His wife wanted him out and was threatening divorce if he didn’t do something and soon. He was convinced the only way out was Sherry Nikols.

And that’s how he ended up here, in this hole in the wall.

He looked around again and then he heard something out in the hallway.

He looked up to find two of the floor nurses smiling at him.

“Mr. Porter,” one of them said, “it’s time for your medication now. Then you have your appointment today with Dr. Green.”

Alexander’s eyes widened. There were always two nurses, just in case something went wrong. How could anything go wrong, this was just a dream, just a game. None of this was real. He shook his head and tried to tell them that, but they wouldn’t let him. The nurses were holding him down now as he struggled inside the straightjacket. Finally, they got his hospital gown up and stuck the needle in his behind.

But before Alex drifted off, he heard the two of them talking to one another.

“He should be out by now,” the nurse said, looking through the bars of his padded cell. “So instead of prison, this is where they are keeping him? Is this how they treat all their murderers?”

“No just him. He is a special case, Doreen. He’s completely gone off the deep end. We’ve kept him away from the other patients. He doesn’t know the difference between his computer world and his reality. ”

Doreen shook her head and looked at the other nurse. “It’s really a shame, isn’t it?”

The other nurse nodded and then the two walked away, but by this time, Alexander Porter was asleep.

Hey Susan, interesting story and well-written. I'd certainly like to see more original stuff, as I'm not a fan of either Dirty Dancing or Ever After. However, there may be some out there who are.

Thanks for sharing your art with us Susan.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Great Stuff.....

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

No problem Susan, I've been working on one myself, but I fear it will be too long for the forum.

put it up anyway, i'd love to read it...break it down into installments...this is only a short story i did...more dirty dancing was close to 40 chapters and i put that up on another site in installments...

I have a short novella that I need to upload [namley for those who read the first two installments on the now defunct Reel World and never got to see Part III] and I will do that in the next little while.

Is it okay to add screenplays here. I have a few that I don't care if people read or not. As Oblivion has been shot and is in the midst of post production I think it would okay for me to upload the final draft here. If anyone is interested.

You're welcome Susan. I think this is a great idea. Sounds like there's a few creative souls on this site.
I know that I'm interested in what you've got ready, Slay (if I may call you that) and SB, yeah, I don't see why you can't post your screenplay. I'd be interested.
I agree with Susan, installments would be good tho.
I have a couple of stories myself...my genre is usually horror/psych thriller tho. I don't know if anyone's interested in this genre either.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I have a short novella that I need to upload [namley for those who read the first two installments on the now defunct Reel World and never got to see Part III] and I will do that in the next little while.

Is it okay to add screenplays here. I have a few that I don't care if people read or not. As Oblivion has been shot and is in the midst of post production I think it would okay for me to upload the final draft here. If anyone is interested.
quick question, is the final draft the one posted on the Oblivion website? because if not than send us a copy, the draft im reading now is fantastical but im not sure if its the final

The Oblivion investor website [the one that had the script] went defunct in favour of the offical site. The screenplay isn't on the new site though of course, because the entire goal of the site is to get people to watch the film, not to invest in it.

As I said, I will upload it.

Here is the last/final/shooting draft of Oblivion. This is what was shot.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf oblivion.pdf (101.7 KB, 172 views)

i do a lot of crap for my own amusement, even tried my hand at fanfics. i tried doing a buster keaton fanfic a while back, came out a little bit weird, and i've recently been working on a fanfic for a generic 80's mecha (giant robot) cartoon, called 'armored troopers votoms'. when i get bored of trying to write, i try to draw (but not very hard, cuz hard work sucks). for example, this -->
http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk15656/sandme1.gif