Return to the Matrix

Tools    

I'm just longing for a Matrix sequel. Is there gonna be one? The Matrix is probably the best movie I've seen for a long time(Although Star Wars movies will probably always be first in my heart). I saw it four times, and I don't usually see movies more than once.

I think it has already been decided that there will be atleast 2 more Matrix movies. The sequel is scheduled for December of 2002, but it's still in production obviously, so that could change. The last word on Matrix 3's release was August 2003.

Tim
If the sequels are going to be anything like the first, I will be watching them many times

There will ABSOLUTELY be a Matrix 2 and 3...it was planned as a trilogy right from the very conception of the first film, assuming the first one didn't bomb (which it didn't!).

The second film is supposedly carrying one from the first one...there were rumors of a prequel (IE: a movie describing, in detail, how our present day world became the Matrix of the future), but those seem to be false. Production in some sense has already started, so it's a done deal.

I had heard rumors of Trinity turing out to have been an agent all along...but this would be severely stupid...if you watch the film all over again with this thought in mind, I think you'll find it fairly ridiculous!

Actually as we speak both Matrix 2 and 3 are being filmed. They're doing them at the same time just to keep costs down, I guess, and maybe to have the same scenery in both.

You're right Quinn, my mistake! As is the same with Lord of The Rings Movies 2 and 3, they're saving a lot of money by filming both back to back and then chopping them down the middle.

It'll be rough on the actors...well over a year of filming in a row!

I think that they're filming Matrix 2 and 3 at the same time also because SAG's contract is up in under a year (I think) and it could take a while for them to renew the contract, meaning that there would be a long delay in production while the contract was being renewed. So it'd be better to get the filming and stuff done while the actors are still in the union. Just another posiblilty.

JR,

I'm only mildly familiar with this situation...a group of actors threatening to strike or something, right? I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate a bit and fill me in.

Chris,
You may want to check out this article about the 2001 strike.
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/2000...strikes_1.html

The article doesn't mention it, but this is also effecting DVD release dates for 2001. Actors, directors, and screenwriters are usually the ones who do voice-overs for DVD commentaries...because of the possible strike, these audio commentaries will either be delayed or discs will be encoded and shipped without them.

Also, shows like Entertainment Tonight and Extra may be in trouble because alot of actors are not allowed to do talk shows or other TV appearances due to contract stipulations with SAG. This would also include any movie guest stars on TV shows like Bruce Willis or Tom Selleck appearing on Friends.

Thanks for the link Laurie!

Ugh...people and their petty differences...don't they realize in the end this will hurt everyone involved, including ordinary Joes/Jills like us?

I hope it doesn't last...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Hopefully one day there will be a sequel to the sequels.