40.00%
6 votes
She's good in my books. (yes)
53.33%
8 votes
Why are you trying to insult me? (no)
6.67%
1 votes
Stop with these polls you twat (don't care)
15 votes. You may not vote on this poll

gone
Second try, Penelope Cruz, opinions?

The answer is "no." I mean, she's not ugly, and she's somewhat attractive...but I'm voting because I don't think she's downright beautiful, like some people do. She's above average, but for a movie star, not much to write home about, IMO.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
In some instances she does appear beautiful. Middle of the movie Blow comes to mind, towards the end of it...she looks like crap(that was the idea in the first place I guess). Unbelievably attractive, no.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

gone
I saw her in The Man with Rain in His Shoes... (If only... in UK and Australia) and this was after the press got hold of her and hyped upcoming films and I couldn't understand it (I just don't understand anything).

Now With Moveable Parts
She looks like an alien.

gone
Damnit sades, you were meant to give her hide a good kicking, besides I find women looking like aliens and aliens very attractive, and she does not look like an alien...

Let me show you what she looks like...
(goodf3lla has gone off in search of monkey photo galleries)

Now With Moveable Parts
She does look like an alien. BIG brown eyes...long, skinny neck...three fingers on each hand...she's gross.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
ah my dears, but beauty comes in so many variations!

rule number one: both women AND men can and do look beautiful at SOME point in their lives. it may just be one moment, and even for what the majority would call a "hideous" guy or gal, but there's a moment, somewhere, where that person is very attractive and outright beautiful to someone else. it may be their personality that does it (sometimes it doesn't happen based on pure looks alone).

i voted yes - BUT - i don't find her MY kind of beautiful. isabella rosselini and that chick on Style's "Nigella Bites" - that voluptuous italianate, brunette, spicy, warm kind of gorgeous. Also Ashley Judd. particularly when she's dressed up for the oscars and made to look like a goddess.

miss cruz is our classic "pixie." yes indeed, audrey hepburn was one incarnation of the "pixie" or the "imp." this is the "little baggage" that drives men bonkers because she's feisty, curious, impertinent, etc. or seems that way, anyway. this turns some men on. some men go - hey, i just noticed there's a counter here below telling me how many characters i'm typing that is SO COOL!! - anyway ... some men go for the more "womanly" woman and find that "beautiful."

one would note that the thread asks if she's "attractive", not "beautiful." i think she's attractive enough. she looks very perky and sure of herself. not ugly skewed or strange at all. it's just that her features are not those we are used to with the mainstream beauties on tv and in movies these days.

one could argue that that chick who's married to Ryan Philippe has a freakish chin/lower lip problem. but others on here have sighed and moaned about her beauty.

I just don't like her as a person. Not that I know her or anything. She just seems to be climbing the ladder -- Nic Cage, Matt Damon, Tom Cruise....

You think there's a reason for it -- perhaps wanting to be the Numero Uno?

I liked her a lot more during Vanilla Sky than I thought I would. Her face, I don't find very attractive. I don't get Hollywood's thing for her, really.

i have only seen her perform in "twice upon a yesterday" and i thought she was quite pretty and i loved her accent. after that her name and face just started showing up all over the place.

i don't expect that she's a terrific actress,but she's quite pretty. many of the pictures i've seen of her in celebrity magazines don't seem to capture her beauty either- she seems to slouch or something. Ralph Lauren doesn't use her beauty to it's fullest potential (she's his current famous model).

i am surprised anybody thinks she's "not pretty" - even though we all have our own idea of (external) beauty.

What is the old saying??......... beauty is in retained by the one who owns the arm of the hand from which the eye is in the cup... which is being held by the ....

ahhh something along those lines!

She's hot. Seen her in Blow. And several trailers Captain Cor.... Mandolin. Although if you were Tom Cruise (to the guys) who would you choose Nicole or Penelope?

Originally posted by spudracer
This picture isn't very flattering of her, but that's why I picked it:
How can you say the picture isn't flattering? She look great in that pic, even though it's really small.

gone
What is the old saying??......... beauty is in retained by the one who owns the arm of the hand from which the eye is in the cup... which is being held by the ....
can tell you're from the uk lol

hey! Whose the one person that called me a twat!

gone
tut tut, back to the whole Australian only thing, eh TSB?

hmm...I've shown my hatred, but which celebrity do I actually like...

Female assassin extraordinaire.
actually, you called yourself the twat, having placed that as an option!!

yeah, that pic is her however i've seen her - she doesn't look "unflattered" at all.

i've seen the slouch, know what you mean. She doesn't have good posture. but then who the hell does, especially in heels!

love the "beauty is in the eye of who knows what the heck" bit ... verra funny.

gone
actually, you called yourself the twat, having placed that as an option!!
I know I noticed that while typing.

/mental note: do not insult yourself.