Holden's guest quiz

Tools    

Hey there, folks! For the last few years, I've had fun playing a weekly trivia game on the net. There are no prizes of any kind, just a little test of useless cinema geek skill.

It's called Dan's Screen Shot Movie Quiz, and the deceptively easy premise is to identify movies from captured still frames. That's it.

From time to time, Dan, the quizmaster, lets one of the regulars choose the shots. I finally got a turn: way cool. It means I can't play this week of course, but I get the pleasure of stumping people.

I've mentioned the game a few times on this site I believe, but if you want to check it out and see how you can do against my personal vindictive choices, go to...

www.openix.com/~danb/quiz.shtml

You don't have to register or anything like that, simply make your guesses....educated or otherwise.

The only thing I ask, for the integrity of his game which he was nice enough to include me in this time as a co-conspirator, is PLEASE do NOT discuss your guesses here publically on the forum. Don't name the movies you think they are, or could be, or whatever. I'd be happy to talk about 'em specifically after the quiz is done, but not while the quiz is active. My shots will be up from 12:00amEST Sunday January 5th (like, as of 40 minutes ago) until 11:00pmEST Saturday January 11th.

Maybe you'll get hooked on the game like me? Anyway, take a look at my choices.

Enjoy!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I took a stab at it, but I don't think I've seen any of those movies, and I don't think I got any right. Oh well; there's always next week.

I'm not going to discuss my guesses but you stumped me something shocking.

A novel adaptation.
I know I got one, but the rest had me scratching my head.

Damn you and your strangely thorough knowledge, Holden.

I only know the ******** flick. Can you guys post picks of B movies and foriegn films?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Is that a question to me, Slaytan? There are no limitations on what movies are elligible for his quiz, other than I don't believe he uses made-for-TV material. If it's a feature film, it's fair game. Over the years he's used silents, B-movies, blockbusters, foriegn language and arthouse fare, and everything in between.

And LordSlaytan, could you please edit out the actor's name from your above post? I know it seems obvious to you who it is, but it might not be to others. It wouldn't be difficult for a regular player of Dan's quiz to, like, Yahoo search my name and find this site. If anyone does find this before the quiz is over Saturday, I don't want there to be ANY manner of hint here.

Thanks, Bud.

That last picture was an interesting choice.... I just gave funny answers.

I've done a Google search for Holden Pike before. You are a member of a lot of boards, my friend. I'm going to go and give it another whirl. And I bet I suck. At it.

Muchly.

Wow, I don't remember that scene from slide A at all.

I also should have known what slide C was from, I've only seen that movie 6-7 times.

My life isn't written very well.
Not one...not one did I get right Mr. Holden Pike!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

The unforgiving shot from Unforgiven comes in the opening minutes: those're the two no-good cowboys who are spared a whippin' by Little Bill and only fined ponies for their offence against Delilah Fitzgerald - the event and decision that puts the entire narrative into motion.

Gotcha. Nice choice.

I haven't seen any of the other three films, so there at least I can claim ignorance.
How many people wound up getting all four shots?

SB - if you click on that link for the answers, you'll see one person identified all four shots correctly.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	B0011.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	63749   Click image for larger version

Name:	B0012.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	63750   Click image for larger version

Name:	B0013.jpg
Views:	107