New Trailers Here!

Tools    

Considering it's being directed by Kevin Connolly, the Gotti (2017) trailer that
dropped this morning looks really good (minus all the Inception BRRRRRRRAAAAAWWWWRWRRRMRMRMMRMRMMMMM!!!).

Considering it's being directed by Kevin Connolly, the Gotti (2017) trailer that
dropped this morning looks really good (minus all the Inception BRRRRRRRAAAAAWWWWRWRRRMRMRMMRMRMMMMM!!!).
Aren't you getting a little sick of the Gotti story though? I know you read about the mafia and you must agree it's the most retold mob story of the last 25 years, and maybe the second most told after Capone. I must admit due to that i'm not looking forward to it as much as i would have ten years ago.

Someone brought up the idea of a Philly film once starting with Chicken Man blowing up and going right through Scarfo and Merlino's reigns. Maybe even two films. I dunno that's something i'd have preferred.

Aren't you getting a little sick of the Gotti story though? I know you read about the mafia and you must agree it's the most retold mob story of the last 25 years, and maybe the second most told after Capone. I must admit due to that i'm not looking forward to it as much as i would have ten years ago.

Someone brought up the idea of a Philly film once starting with Chicken Man blowing up and going right through Scarfo and Merlino's reigns. Maybe even two films. I dunno that's something i'd have preferred.
I agree with what you're saying, between Getting Gotti (1994), Gotti (1996), Witness to the Mob (1998), Boss of Bosses (2001), Sinatra Club (2010), and more recently Rob the Mob (2014) and The Wannabe (2015), Gotti and the Gotti Era is overexposed. Though, as a genre, the gangster film is a highly cyclical one, and I just think we're at the end/beginning of another type of cycle with the disappointment/failure of Black Mass (2015), Legend (2015), and especially Live by Night (2016). Gotti (2017) feels like familiar territory (especially since Kevin Connolly is directing) an almost sort of comfort food movie so we can maybe have a decent gangster movie come out. It's also been in development since 2011, so I'm just glad they can finally shell this thing out.

I think a movie or a series of movies going through Scarfo and Merlino's reigns would have been something more interesting, or a "Silver Dollar Sam" Carolla, Carlos Marcello, or Anthony Carolla (more shameless self promotion) movie taking place in New Orleans, since the Mafia as a whole on the East Coast is also overdone.

since the Mafia as a whole on the East Coast is also overdone.
Yeah, that's true. That's admittedly where my interest lies more since i've read more about it. Will need to go through your blog when i get the chance, just got so much to read as is.

The Second Trailer wasn't posted here, so I decided to take some action...
It's from the Writer/Director of 'In Bruges', It just won the TIFF Audience Award, and YMS gave it a 10/10...

Time to get that second Oscar McDormand!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Woooo I freaking heart Denzel. Thanks for posting FB because I hadnt heard of that. Looks right up my alley.

Woooo I freaking heart Denzel. Thanks for posting FB because I hadnt heard of that. Looks right up my alley.
From the writer and director of nightcrawler too, should be good

You can't win an argument just by being right!
From the writer and director of nightcrawler too, should be good
Yeah I've been meaning to watch that.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Reeves interview made me wonder if this was some sort of quirky scifi-comedy. The trailer helped clarify that.

And the Dead Space needle to the eye.

This might just do nobody any good.
New Mutants, aka: horror movie X-Men.

Getting Dream Warrior vibes... could be fun.