Does anyone know this movie title?

Tools    

Hey everyone

The other day I got to think of a movie I once saw and now I'm going crazy, because I just can't remember the title. So I figured someone might be able to help.

As far as I remember, the movie starts out with a few people (a young man, a young woman and perhaps one more, I can't quite remember) taking a child in a wheelchair to France, where they're going to visit a place with a healing spring or the like. As I recall it, the place is called Marie de la Mer or Marie sur Mer or something like that, but I might be wrong. They're going in the hope that the healing water will cure the child's discease, I think.

There is evil in that place and if my memory serves me, it's something about the Anti-Christ and an old book of the devil.

What really bothers me is, that I can't remember the name of the movie or the names on any of the actors and actresses. Trying to remember, I think the young woman could look a little bit like Elizabeth Shue, but it's not her.

I think the movie is from either the late 80's or early 90's, but I'm not sure. I know it's not a lot to go on, but if the above rings a bell PLEASE post your comment and put me out of my misery

Ok it sounds alittle like that one movie with Arnold S movie!
Something about the end of the world?Do you have any more information about it?It is geting me crazy!
Anyway sorry I ca'nt help you if I was you I would go crazy too!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
Ok it sounds alittle like that one movie with Arnold S movie!
Hey Jackie It's not an Arnold S. movie, that's for sure. Phew, a little more information you say? Let me see what I can dig out from my mental harddrive ...

Just the other day, I mentioned it to my friend. She said that she faintly remembered the movie. She said, "wasn't there also something about a nurse working in a mental asylum in that French village?" Something about the patients in that asylum attacking the nurse and sort of stapled her to the wall with syringes.

Personally, I don't remember this, but it might be right. I thought it sounded like more some Freddy Krueger thingy, from one of the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies, where you heard about how Freddy was conceived. Apparently, his mother was a nurse or something at a mental asylum and the patients raped her and hence, Freddy was the son of a hundred madmen.

But back to our mystery movie ... I think the evil man with the old book (the Anti-christ issue) is some sort of evil prophet. And I think that the persons I mentioned (the young man and woman, and the child in the wheelchair) returns to the States safely at the end of the movie, and that the child has been cured by the water from the holy spring, enabling him to walk and in no more need of the wheelchair.

I hope it helps

sorry I don't have input, but I liked your Krueger tangent.

Originally Posted by starwarsboots
Hey Jackie It's not an Arnold S. movie, that's for sure. Phew, a little more information you say? Let me see what I can dig out from my mental harddrive ...

Just the other day, I mentioned it to my friend. She said that she faintly remembered the movie. She said, "wasn't there also something about a nurse working in a mental asylum in that French village?" Something about the patients in that asylum attacking the nurse and sort of stapled her to the wall with syringes.

Personally, I don't remember this, but it might be right. I thought it sounded like more some Freddy Krueger thingy, from one of the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies, where you heard about how Freddy was conceived. Apparently, his mother was a nurse or something at a mental asylum and the patients raped her and hence, Freddy was the son of a hundred madmen.

But back to our mystery movie ... I think the evil man with the old book (the Anti-christ issue) is some sort of evil prophet. And I think that the persons I mentioned (the young man and woman, and the child in the wheelchair) returns to the States safely at the end of the movie, and that the child has been cured by the water from the holy spring, enabling him to walk and in no more need of the wheelchair.

I hope it helps

Well I still got figure out the title but yes it does sound like a horror movie!However I do'nt watch horror movies becaues frankly they scare me!(yes I admit it!)
Anyway I would think that it is a horror I will take a look at my movie guide and look it up!And if I find it I will tell you ok?
Sorry if I can't be more helpfull then that!and yes telling me more did help abit thanks!See you around!JM

We need more info

Originally Posted by MuzikQueen79
We need more info
Hehe, so do I. Oh, shoot ... I'm really digging in the back of my mind now.

I'm quite sure that there is something about some nuns and a convent in my mystery movie. It might have been one of the nuns working as a nurse in that mental asylum I mentioned earlier, who is stapled to the wall with syringes.

The party going to France (the young man and woman, and the boy in the wheelchair) might be coming from Canada, but I'm not sure of this either.

This is about all I can remember. I've tried every imaginable combination of search criteria on both Google and IMDB, but I've come up with nothing. I'm absolutely sure that the movie is from either the late 80s or early 90s, because it was at the time where FilmNet was active. I remember seeing the movie prior to 1992 and the reason for this is that I recall FilmNet showing the movie around the time, when they were also showing Valmont (1989) with Colin Firth, Anette Bening and Fairuza Balk, and Hiding Out (1987) with Jon Cryer, Keith Coogan and Annabeth Gish.

I remember having Valmont and my mystery movie on the same tape back then. I had this little book, where I wrote in which movie was on what tape. Now, I'm from Denmark and I'm quite sure that the Danish title would directly translate into something like "Prophet of Evil, The".

Come to think of it, there is a possibility that the mystery movie might not even have had an English title? ... Though I think it did.

BANNED
Hmmm yes we do need more info...and also Arnold Owns!

I can't come up with anything more about that movie. I've already told everything I remember

Originally Posted by SPIDEI2_MAN__
Hmmm yes we do need more info...and also Arnold Owns!
Arnold Owns? How's that?

Merry Christmas everyone!Just thought I would say that!The movie still does not sound familar but I still think it is horror movie!Do you remember if it is horror or Compeny or Drama?
If I knew that I might know what the title is.If not can't help you sorry mate!
See you around!JM

BANNED
Originally Posted by starwarsboots
I can't come up with anything more about that movie. I've already told everything I remember

Arnold Owns? How's that?
He owns other actors...coz hes the best one out of all of them

Is it Damien or the Omen?? because this movie does not sound familiar other than the story who were the main actors??

Even if you can come up with one of the actors who was in it then you can check out the movies they've been in on IMDB.com, but since you can't remember the names of who's in it, i guess you're **** out of luck.

Yerp ... I guess I'm ****ed

Hey everyone,

Finally, the mystery has been solved. And that only took me 3 years of extensive research - very exhausting, I'm sure you can imagine

No, to be serious. I found my old post a few days ago, and I got to thinking of this movie AGAIN and discovered that - even after 3 years of not thinking about it - not being able to remember the title could still get me bend way out of shape. So a friend of mine and I set about figuring out the title, determined that we could really do it this time. And who knew it could be this easy?

What we did - amongst other criteria - was search the category Plots on IMDB for the keywords Marie Mer. And as we scanned the search result, we couldn't believe what we read.

The movie was apparently a two-part feature in a series called Friday the 13th - The Prophecies (1989). At first we couldn't figure this out, but then we realized that the series must have been something like Amazing Stories or Tales from the Crypt or something like that - independent tales in an ongoing series. And no, this series is not about Jason and his hockey mask Tsk tsk...

Part one and two aired as a two-hour special to begin with, then they were rerun as part one and two. So the one I had on tape must have been the two-hour special. In my earlier posts, I was right about many things, but also wrong about others. Read plot points below:

Friday the 13th

Season 3, Episode 1: The Prophecies
Original Air Date: 7 October 1989
Part one of this two-parter features Jack traveling to Marie-Mere in France on the trail of a cursed tome, Lucifer's Bible. The town is a holy site, with a fountain that cures the sick and dying. However, a priest of Satan, Asteroth, has the Bible and is using it to fulfill a series of prophecies that will culminate with the arrival of Satan on Earth. Meanwhile, Ryan is re-united with his mother, and the two deal with the death of his brother years ago over which Ryan is still guilty. The episode ends with Jack knocked through a window and put into a coma after a confrontation with Asteroth.

Season 3, Episode 1: The Prophecies Part 2
Original Air Date: 7 October 1989
Micki and Ryan get word of Jack's injury at the end of the preceding episode. They travel to Marie-Mere with Johnny Ventura to investigate and try to recover Lucifer's Bible. Asteroth uses the Bible to take control of Ryan, who must then kill an innocent child to fulfill the final prophecy that signifies Satan's arrival upon Earth. Ultimately, Jack recovers and he, Micki and Johnny manage to thwart Asteroth. However, the ritual turns Ryan into a 10-year old permanently. He leaves with his mother, and Johnny takes his place.

As soon as I read the name "Asteroth" I knew we had hit the jackpot.

An entire series overview can be found here.

Does any of you remember this?

BTW, thanx for your contributions.
Now I can rest easy

Success is the only Earthly judge..
Call off Scooby and the Gang the mystery has been solved...Jenkies/ Zoinks...

Yeah that sounds about right. Good job guys.

i have a similair problem. only that i didn;t watch the movie and i was talking with ym friend on the phone he started bluring something about a nice police car chase movie and sent me this http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7494/gif1ni5.gif gif with a funny scene. i have no idea whats the movie tittle - can someone please help me?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
If it was bigger, that would be real nice.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I seem to have the same problem. I couldn't start a thread because I don't have enough posts. I figured somebody on here would be able to figure out what movie I'm thinking of.

I'm fairly certain it was made after 2000. All I saw was the preview and I wanted to watch the movie because it looked like a good one.

All I remember is that it was about some sort of robbery and the guys robbing the bank(?) got to know a janitor or maintenence worker who acted like he was mentally retarded but in reality he was really smart and had all the inside information needed to do the job. Nobody at the company suspected him because he acted like he was challanged.

I think there was something thrown in there about how the guys on the outside didn't really trust him and maybe there was some double-crossing or something.

I just need the title.
Anybody who has any idea what I'm talking about please help. It's driving me nuts. I thought it had Steve Buscemi in it but I looked up his filmography and didn't see anything like that. I may have missed it.