Overrated Actors/Actresses In The "looks" department

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
Well, what kind of women are you interested in? Not that I plan on dissagreeing with you about any of those women. See, I'm an Angelina Jolie man, myself. All-Fire-smoking-hot indeed.

yes..... hmmmm....

...Angelina.....

ummm, maybe I should sit down.

Yeah, I dig Jolie, I definitely get what's sexy about her.

Of this younger generation - early twenties to early or mid thirties, I find Jolie, Ashley Judd, Nicole Kidman, Jill Hennessy, Amanda Peet, Minnie Driver, Katie Holmes, Neve Campbell, Maura Tierney, Julia Ormond, Nikki Cox, Keri Russell, Reese Witherspoon, Carla Gugino, Jules Asner and Natalie Portman all very attractive. Probably others too, but that's a decent crossection anyway.

Truth is, I much prefer say Sigourney Weaver or Andie MacDowell over just about anybody on that list. But that's probably a generational thing as well. I dunno.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A novel adaptation.
Oh and I tottally forgot Denise Richards.

Sigourney Weaver and Any Macdowell are both probably generational things, but not so much as, say, Goldie Hawn. I can see what is sexy about those two, espescially Andy Macdowell, if only for her starring role in one of the most underappreciated films of all time, that being Hudson Hawk. However, despite her role with Steve Martin (in one of his only un-funny movies), I find absolutely nothing even remotely erotic about Goldie Hawn. My father, as well as many fathers around the world, however, claim that Goldie Hawn was once sexy, I've seen the photos, I've cast my judgement.

Anyways, I can appreciate the generational difference, and I'll stand by your claim of Sigourney, and Andy.

Goldie was cute back in the "Laugh-In" days, and her bubbly/giggly personality is attractive to some, but frankly I've never been overly excited by her either. Give me Jacqueline Bisset, Julie Christie, Katharine Ross, Genevieve Bujold, Charlotte Rampling, Jane Fonda, Mary Steenburgen: those are some of the contemporary actresses from Goldie's basic generation that I find truly stunning beauties.

So yeah, if you want to expand this to overrated beauties other than those currently in the white-hot spotlight, I'd definitely nominate Goldie Hawn. Like her daughter today, she's OK, though nothing terribly special. I do think she's more attractive than Kate Hudson, but not by a whole heck of a lot.

I'm sorry, but I must vehemently disagree with you in regards to Goldie Hawn. She used to be somewhat attractive, but she has aged very, very badly, in my opinion. I don't find her attractive in the least. Again, though, as you said: it might be a generational thing.

Exactly who are you vehemently disagreeing with? I said Goldie was merley OK at best and definitely overrated in the looks department, and Herodotus wasn't even that kind. So far nobody of any generation has spoken up for her supposed sexiness.

If you excise the apology and replace the words "vehemently disgree" with "basically agree", then your last post makes total sense.

Hardly. See, I think she's nearing UGLY. Therefore, any statement that says she is "okay" or indicates any kind of real attractiveness at all, is something I disagree with. Perhaps I didn't spell out just how oog-ly I find her these days.

I don't think she's aged particularly well either, but when I say Goldie's "OK" I was referring to her not as she is today, but her heyday - the late '60s up through say Private Benjamin or thereabouts (Overboard at the outer limits of her heyday). That's what we had been discussing, her status as sex symbol from "Laugh-In" and such. Goodness, I hope nobody other than Kurt Russell is grooving on her much these days.

I think she was perfectly cast in The First Wives Club, as a vain woman who was way past her now-faded (and pulled-back due to excessive plastic surgery) glory. Personally, I didn't think they had to go through the trouble of 'doing' her lips for that part, she's perfect for the role without it.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Nor does the word "not" it seems.
Or, for that matter, sentences that make [and get this] sense...

There was no mistake... Nowt is a slang word used in the U.K as an analogy of nothing.
Nowt to do with `not`.
Do your homework and don`t jump to conclusions before you go barking pal.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Nowt constructive then.

A novel adaptation.
Oh, good lord, people.

Goldie's not what I consider down right ugly, but she's getting there.

Hmm, Tara Reid? I've heard a lot of people say she's hot, but the girl gets on my nerves. And she's just odd looking. Ugh.

(everyone else has rolled their eyes why should i? )

Julia Roberts is hot, but she isnt as good as they say, same with Sandra Bullock, not to say i would give them a good nights worth if they offered

Goldie is definantly sliping, she has gone from to to to to to to just plain

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by Holden Pike

Kate Hudson is OK, kinda cute in her way I suppose, but I don't think she's anything special and certainly not beautiful. In the same category, I'd put Tara Reid, though she's not even as cute as Kate. Renee Zellweger too.
Okay, I gotta disagree with you on Kate Hudson. She is more than okay. She's absolutely beautiful, if you ask me. Renee Zelweger is also pretty damn cute, too. I loved her in Jerry MacGuire and although I didn't SEE the movie, I thought she was really cute in the promo's for Bridget Jones' Diary...(Too much of a chick flick, though...). I do agree that Tara Reid isn't all that cute really, I thought she was okay in American Pie, but in AP2 she just looked weird. I can't explain it, other than the rest of the cast looked semi-realistic and she looked like "Hey, look at me, I'm famous!"

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Monkeypunch
Renee Zelweger is also pretty damn cute, too.
I suppose she is, but in my opinion, she wasn't even the best looking woman in Jerry MaGuire (an honor that must go to the amazing Kelly Preston).

Anyway, I think Mena Suvari is highly overrated. She's attractive...but not that attractive.

I think Matt Clayfield is very overrated in his looks department, he has been described as plain and i dont think so , oh lordy im turning into a bad man, in all seriousness (that is possible in my state of mind ) i think Demi Moore is honestly not hot at all, pasted her use by date.