Scariest Horror Movie??

Tools    

Which is most Scariest Horror Movie that scare you??

The Thing is pretty freaky if you've never seen it. Besides that, perhaps The Silence of the Lambs?

Well you're going to want to look at some of the true classics, like the Amityville Horror (the old one), Poltergeist is good, the Nightmare on Elm Street movies are good, but get progressively cheesier throughout the series, and Friday the 13th parts 1-4 or 5 are awesome.

I usually ignore horror movies unless I accidentally see one on TV, so I'm not much of an expert. However, I remember watching one movie as a kid that that made me sleepless for couple of days It's 1967 Russian film "Viy" ("Вий" in original), based on a short story by Nikolai Gogol. I remember every damn second of it even though I watched it about 30 years ago. It was scary as hell, really intense, and weirdly sad (if that's even a phrase) at the same time. Don't really have an idea how it holds up in today's horror movie genre, but I'd recommend it to anyone anyway.

The only movies that have truly scared me are The Exorcist, Poltergeist 2 and Pinocchio all when I was a kid. The Exorcist was by far the worst I watched it when I was around 7, I doubt I would've survived past the Statue in the first scene if I wasn't trying to act all brave in front of my older siblings. Needless to say it gave me nightmares for months, and is now one of my all time favourites.

Poltergeist 2 terrified me purely because of Reverend Kane. The guy gave out creepy paedo vibes before I think I knew what they were. Also he looked like a skeleton and sang pleasant songs . Pinocchio I watched first out of those three, and I just don't think I was ready for the darker shift from the usual Disneys I watched at that age, like Lion King and Jungle Book. The Whale and Donkey scenes really got to me, the latter actually still makes me feel a little uneasy today