The "Get to know you" game.

Tools    

I’m sure we are not. Hubris to think that we are.

Do you have many cousins?

I'm Anthony, a Frenchman in France.
Quite a few. I haven't seen most of them for decades.

What do you look forward to?

My niece's wedding next summer.

What's your happiest memory?

What's your happiest memory?
I've experienced several very happy moments. The one I remember now happened about 12 years ago, somewhere in southwestern France, with someone - and that was about sex and love.

Other than that, I'm not a person really focused on sex, that's why that remembering surprises me a bit. I guess it was more about love back then. And about an ideal. And about loving myself more in return. And about loving a real person, the whole event being so close to an ideal.

This has left me serenely happy for all those years.
I'm glad I could make that memory surface again. There's still a valid ideal through it. And a fullfilment, somehow.

What remains now from the happiest event you've ever experienced?

This has left me serenely happy for all those years.
I'm glad I could make that memory surface again. There's still a valid ideal through it. And a fullfilment, somehow.

My marriage remains from my wedding.

How close is your adult life to what you imagined when you were a child?

This is a thought provoking question, because I've been biding my time just to ask a similar question (which I surely will ask, after this answer.)

What is also challenging about this question for me is that I don't remember having much of a picture as a child of what my adult life would be. I do remember being very young and thinking I might grow up to fly like supergirl (lol, too many comic books ) - well I never did that , so I guess my adult life is pretty far from what I did imagine. (although some of my aspirations as a young adult did happen to me as the.....ah...... medium aged adult I now am. )
--------------------------------------------------
Do you feel you are the same person as an adult - in basic character traits such as: ways of interacting with others, interests, values, outlook (e.g. Optimistic vs. cynical) and general temperament- that you were as a child?

Damn -- good question! Let's see -- as a kid I was painfully shy, a hopeless loner, chronically depressed, generally pessimistic, cynical, religious . . . now (at 1/20 of a millennium old) I'm more socially adept, happily married, happier overall, generally optimistic, skeptical (I call myself a rationalist), atheistic . . . on the other hand, my basically nonviolent ethic, easygoing temperament, sense of humor, and interest in science and medicine are more or less the same. So -- uh, what was the question?

Ugh, let's lighten it up for a minute. What's your favorite kind of music?

Not to my knowledge.

I'd still like to bring up a child. A biological child or not, as long as they consider me their father.

What has the Internet improved in your life and what has it degraded in your life?

Great question- and I think everyone would have a personal response.

Improved- information is so much easier to obtain now, whether recipes or world history. And it s given people a chance to connect and exchange views from all over, and meet as well . Then there s the pleasure of being.able join a forum like this :where conversations with people like you, from different places, can be invigorating and serve as a small, quiet space of fun and shared interests in a hectic day. It can also be instrumental in fnding work and doing your work.

Degrading quality of life: Well there are less stores to shop in, since more and more people shop online. Some of my favorite stores have survived, some have. not. I think people can become too attached to their phones; I went to a barbecue this summer where people barely said hello and then went to their phones-are we in danger of losing the art of conversation? Fortunately most gatherings I attend are not like this, as I love to party😛

Whatever the plus or minuses, the Internet is here to stay- I think of it as the new
'printing press' and it is transforming modern life.

If you could only watch movies from one decade -what would it be ? (and why, if you d like to tell us)

If you could only watch movies from one decade -what would it be ? (and why, if you d like to tell us)
I like your previous answer, thanks

The latest decade. The most recent one: Nov 28 2007 to Nov 28 2017.

I see most of movies mainly as technical and human feats.

- Movie technology constantly improves;
- To me, there will "always" be good actors and enough of them.

On the one hand, I'm optimistic that way. On the other hand, I'm not sure the movie industry on Earth will keep evolving that way for long...............
I think the movie industry is reaching an apogee. No idea what to expect next...

If I had to pick a decade in the future, taking that hope and worries into account, I'd pick the 2030's.

Are you proud to be a human, while being aware of the best and the worst humans can do? Please explain.

Never thought of being proud of being a human. That’s what God determined so be it. Watch PBS’s The Vietnam War to see just a part of the evil man inflicts upon his fellow man.

Could you ever be accused of promiscuity?

Could you ever be accused of promiscuity?
No, I could not.
I become less and less interested in sex.
I keep on enjoying love though.

What is the TV program you most enjoy watching? Why that one?

Currently not watching anything as I am awaiting new seasons of my favorites.

Definitely this has been the best TV show I have seen this year. Right up there with any of the great American TV shows.

I'd spontaneously answer: Arrival. I've found some inspiration in it but I'd have liked a more charismatic main actress.

Which movie do you wish to watch again?

Loved that movie. Amy Adams not charismatic? In any event, I don’t think she was supposed to be in this role. I thought she was perfect.