80's Obscure Film

Tools    

I have been trying to remember this movie for over a month know. I remember watching this cartoon when I was a kid and for the life of me I can not remember the title. Here is the description of the movie and lets see if someone can figure it out for me.

The move takes place in a post apocalyptic world where man and animal have somehow merged, all the characters look human with animalistic facial features, there is a lot of rotoscoping done in the film and the story line revolves around a young man that wants to be a rock star, he tries to clime his way to stardom while an evil record mogul tries to twist and mold him into his puppet. when things don't work out the mogle steals his girl and things get personal.

At least thats the way I think it goes, you have to remember that I was like 8 when i saw this movie. I want to know the title so that I can see if I can find it for my collection. Let me know if any of you movie geniuses can remember this obscure film.

THATS IT! You are the greatest. Now I have to see if NetFlix carries it, Doubt it very seriously. Probably going to have to do some searching for that to get it in my collection. Thanks for the search!