Name This Movie... Please!

Tools    

I was traveling home from Thanksgiving break on Sunday and there was a very good movie playing on the bus. I've been desperately trying to figure out what movie it was but I've had zero success on both Google and IMDB.

Please bare with my description, as I was traveling on a Greyhound bus and couldn't exactly hear every little detail being said in the movie.

To the best of my knowledge the movie was about a family growing up in (I believe) Africa with a pet leopard. The family consisted of a boy, his two parents, and a leopard cub (until it grew up).

During the movie there is a family 'emergency' (I won't spoil it for anyone.. just in case) and the boy and his mother end up moving to the city. The boy has many problems in the city and at school, so he decides to run away with his leopard back into the desert.

In the desert, the boy comes across a man who he thinks is there to help him but in reality is there to turn the boy in for money. They travel together-- the boy, leopard, and the stranger-- and camp out for a couple of nights. The boy finds out the man is using him for money and leaves him, only to be reunited with him later on. They begin talking about family and the man tells the boy, "A mother never stops loving her children."

That's all I saw. The bus arrived and the TVs all went black.

If someone could name this movie I'd be grateful. Thanks

Yup looks like it is. Thanks!!