Another Movie I NEED To Remember

Tools    

There was a movie very interesting too. I think it had James cromwell as a minor roll but not sure. But it was about this guy and I think he was going through his day a second time but the point was he had these flashes of his child hood and this beach. Everyone knew about the beach and where it was but couldn't actually go there. In the end the guy takes a taxi to the beach and the taxi driver can't figure out why he doesn't know where the beach is. The guy finally gets to a wall where on the other side is nothing but space and I think there was like an alien or some superior life form which was ruling them or something but finally the water spreads and forms like the earth from this city. Im not sure but I think the main character was a detective and was trying to solve a case about a girl's death and I vaguely remember a scene wear there was a vending machine for food or or items and his wallet was in it.

DARK CITY (1998 - Alex Proyas)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thank you so much it really made my life easier

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
ahhhh... one of the coolest movies...

... and Jennifer Connolly... mmmmmmmm