India Pakistan inch closer to war after 40 Indian soldiers are killed

Tools    

The US has been breaching Pakistan's borders to kill people for twenty years and it hasn't made a big difference. I don't think US/NATO pulling military forces out of Afghanistan is gonna make a big difference either, Kabul gets a suicide bomber a month whether we're there or not
Mate, America's presence had an effect. If it was one per month, imagine what it will be when your lads leave.

The bigger point is that they will have a free hand there now and substantially grow. Of course, it's not your army's job to deal with them and I understand how many of your men and women have lost their lives containing this mess. But the entire world needs to put pressure on Pakistan to dismantle their terrorist infrastructures.

On a side note, Pakistan's foreign minister first admitted on CNN that Azhar Mahmood, Jaish-e-Muhhamad's head, is in Pakistan.

Now in a second interview to the BBC he admits that the government is touch with them.
Loved the part where he realises that he has accidentally uttered the truth and then quickly tries to salvage the situation. 😂
Here's the link https://mobile.twitter.com/_dontbese...74588918624256

Must be doin sumthin right
I thought Jaish already publicly claimed responsibility for the attack, in that interview the Pakistan official is denying it?

With Afghanistan, maybe it's naive but I'm actually optimistic about the peace talks with the Taliban. Most people wouldn't have thought Hekmatyar would reconcile with the current govt but they seem lovey dovey now. I agree the problem with Pakistan is other countries continuing to enable them. China most obviously but the US, even after Trump made a big show of calling Pakistan out, is still giving hundreds of millions of dollars a year in foreign aid ostensibly meant for combating terrorism but more likely funding it

Yep Jaish publically claimed responsibility of the Pulwama attack.

As for China. They are heavily invested in that country. Plus the OBOR (One belt One road) initiative is important to them. Unless it doesn't hurt them, China won't bother. The last time the Chinese pressured the Pakistanis to act upon the terrorists was during the Lal Masjid episode.

On a side note, while Pakistan continues to say that we missed the target during the air strike, I just saw Azhar Masood's brother admit on video that we struck the terrorist camps.

Also, reading that the Americans are angry with Pakistan using F16 against us. F16s were given by the USA under the condition that they should only be used in anti-terror operations.

On defence forum of India the Indian response to Pakistani ingress into our side of the LOC is not being considered satisfactory . While the Pakistanis fired 4 to 5 beyond visual range missiles ( BVRs ) we did not fire them at all . The reason being given is that civilian airliners were flying in our territory and one of the BVRs could have hit a civilian airliner as BVR has long range . BVRs reportedly are allowed to be fired only when civilian air traffic has been shut down . In fact only one short range missile was fired , the one by Wing commander Abhinandan Vardhaman . The whole response from the Indian side is being considered unsatisfactory on defence forum of India .

Most of the American BVRs the Pakistani pilots fired failed to reach their targets except the one that shot wing commander Abhinandan Vardhaman . So every cloud has a silver lining .

The Sukhois were able to successfully jam all the American BVRs and made them ineffective . But Wing commander Abhinandan Vardhaman went across the LOC in his bid to get the Pakistani plane and beyond the range of the sukhoi's jamming range . Hence he got hit by BVR .

From DFI---

The Sukhois did not fire BVR missiles because while jamming the Pak missiles they were also maneuvering to not get hit by Pak missiles . So it was difficult to launch missiles while maneuvering . When the Pak planes turned away it was decided not to attack them as they were 24 against only 8 of our jets . So the odds were 3 to 1 in their favour by numbers . So the mystery as to why our BVR missiles were not launched is solved .

https://m.economictimes.com/news/def...paign=ETTWMain

Release of the captured Indian pilot happened because USA played an important role in putting pressure on Pakistan for it .

Don't see the point of a curated news log thread, exactly, so I'm closing this. Please don't start any more threads to act as catch-alls for links on this topic. You can start threads for specific, high-profile events, and discuss those events. But they can't just becoming never-ending blogs for the issue with no clear end point.