The Two Towers

→ in
Tools    

Put me in your pocket...
I'll try and make this short and sweet. I really liked it. Since I haven't read the books, I have no complaints on how the characters were treated. It's interesting to read some of your comments.

The biggest difference between the Two Towers and the Fellowship of the Ring for me was that that first movie was much more visually stimulating. The art work was incredible...I remember feeling exhausted by the end of the first movie. As LordSlaytan and Caitlyn already mentioned...and I agree...the Two Towers developed the characters more, which I enjoyed. So...I liked the Two Towers just as much as FotR, only for different reasons.

Gollum was increadible. As some of you mentioned, I hope this character is somehow recognized by the academy.

Unlike some of you...I didn't have a problem with how much screen time Aragorn was given. Perhaps PJ was appealing to the women in the audience.

Overall, the movie was great. Gollum was spectacular, as was Gimli. I could handle them throwing in elves at Helm's Deep and killing off Haldir, but they unnecessarily REAMED Faramir's character, and it was simply stupid not to leave us hanging at the end whether Frodo was alive or not. Other than that, they did a good job, but the things that were wrong ruled this out for my favorite movie of 2002, whereas the first one took that spot without a doubt last year.

It was one of the best movie over 3 hours long.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Shrek.....I have to disagree with you there. There are about four or five movies I'd put before LOTR as the best movie over three hours.

I thought this film was very well done. They can't fit everything in a movie adaptation of a huge book, but Jackson did a great job.

The ending was probobly changed in order to fit as much coolness into the third one, (in the hopes of it getting best pic), and to not take away from the huge intense battle at the end. It had a slightly darker feel to it as well. Kind of like in The Empire Strikes back,(although no where near as dark or contrasting).

Great film! Keep up the good work Jackson!

And on the animated Lord of the Rings...I really disliked that movie. The animation annoyed me. It was like real footage, but in cartoon color. I cannot describe it really, but I found it annoying. As far as the other Animated films go, I loved the Hobbit, and the Return of the King. I really liked the way Gollum looked. Very cool.

Why am I here?
I know my views on this will probably be disliked.. But I didn't really like the second LOTR, I thought the first one was excellent and well driven but I actually felt like sleeping during the secound one it's made me relise they could have made one 3-3.5 hour movie on the whole thing. LOTR:TT seemed to be waisting time to make it as long as the first one. The whole love story was way overdone and at times I thought I was gonna cough....... BUt still the war scenes at the end were worth sittin though that mindless drivil for.

Sic Networks

this movie was awesome.golum should get best actor

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I watched the first lord of the rings and was lost, but i went to the movie theater and was totally into the second one. The graphic effects are awesome.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Honey Babes --
I can't remember if I ever posted, so if i'm doing it again . . . sorry. Just had to say that I thought the changes were good acomodation to necessity. I thought the way gollum had two of him talking made his character much, much clearer than it might have been if they had done it a different way.
And of course I'm mad about Aragorn & always will be.
BUT I was disappointed in the Ents. They looked fine, but somehow . . . they weren't venerable enough. (what! that's a perfectly good word & just what I mean.) I always thought the ents were kind of, well, saintly. And Treebeard was too -- too light somehow. Maybe they should have used subsonics to enhance his voice or something. They were good, but the just sort of disappointed me.
The way Aragorn and Legolas and Gimli ran across the landscape was excellent.
And the dead marshes were just right.
so --hey -- who's perfect anyway. Not me.
(well, not yet anyway)
Love & kisses,
Jozie

Originally posted by Goblin Warlord
Oh my god, what has he done to the story,

there are seans thet never happend in the books

events get mixed into one (why to save money)

the effects were all that carried the movie not the story

sorry it sucked

i have been a fan for most of my 34 yrs but this is not what i dreamed
I couldn't agree with you more GW. What made this especially disappointing was the fact that although they omitted a large segment of the 1st Book (Fellowship) they stayed right on cue with the story as written. I was pleasantly surprised and completely thrilled with the 1st movie and couldn't wait for the second. What a dissapointment (sp?).

Yea, Towers was more than an OK movie by "movie" standards but a huge let-down for Tolkein fans I think.

I did think the Gollum story line was excellent though and did capture the true essence of what Tolkein wrote with that story line.

Originally posted by Jozie
Honey Babes --
Honey Babes? Cute, I like that Sweet Thang!

I can't remember if I ever posted, so if i'm doing it again . . . sorry. Just had to say that I thought the changes were good acomodation to necessity.
I disagree. I believe Jackson had his own vision and took too much creative license changing the story instead of accomodating restraints to bring it to screen. I mean, look what he did with the first one, it was awesome how close he stayed to the book.

I thought the way gollum had two of him talking made his character much, much clearer than it might have been if they had done it a different way.
Ditto there Sweet Thang!

BUT I was disappointed in the Ents. They looked fine, but somehow . . . they weren't venerable enough. (what! that's a perfectly good word & just what I mean.) I always thought the ents were kind of, well, saintly. And Treebeard was too -- too light somehow. Maybe they should have used subsonics to enhance his voice or something. They were good, but the just sort of disappointed me.
Couldn't agree with you more. The Ents were primordial/elemental as if somehow related to Tom Bombadil and the forest surrounding Tookland, before and beyond the population fo the world by the other races. They were above the petty squabbles of these children (young races), but did need to take a hand when one of the wizards (a race apart from the children) who had no excuse for not knowing better meddled in Ent affairs to their detriment. I thought they were played as shallow instead of . . .

What did you say?

Oh, Yeah! Venerable! Exactly!!!

Right word, right inflection.

Sweet Thang!

Mmmm. So nice that we're in agreement. Yes, Ents and Tom Bombadillo, citizens of the ancient world. Exactly!
Love & Kisses,
Jozie
(& You're a sweet thang yourself, even if you are a fossil!)