Best five movies of the year so far

Tools    

My five favorites, in no particular order, are:

1. The Bourne Identity
2. About A Boy
3. Insomnia
4. Spider-Man
5. Actually, I don't have a fifth yet. Sorry.

Steve

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
This is a tough one for me because I haven't been able to see movies like Insomnia, About A Boy, The Bourne Identity, etc. Of the movies I HAVE seen at the theatre this year (Kung Pow, Enter the Fist, Resident Evil, Ice Age, Blade 2, Spider-Man, Episode 2, Life or Something Like It, The Time Machine, Panic Room, Black Hawk Down, Undercover Brother, etc.,) I'd have to say that there is only four of those that I would consider worthy to be listed as the best I've seen, I've bolded them.

This is a good thread, and it seems we had one of these last year, not to mention the now famous "Best Movie Ever" threads in the Games, Tabs & Lists forum.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The Future Ed Wood
could you include lord of the rings as it was released at the end of last year?

i believe that there is no many good films been released this year yet the ones i would say that have been good are

star wars
ice age
moster inc
dog soldiers
spiderman

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Monsters Inc was released last year, the thread title is Best five movies of the year so far. So it's not "Best five movies of the year so far, and some from the end of last year"

Star Wars
Insomnia
Minority Report
Spider-man
tie: death to smoochy and panic room
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Last Orders
Insomnia
Minority Report
Kissing Jessica Stein
Frailty
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Of the one's I've seen this year:

The Hard Word
&
Minority Report

These are the only two I've seen at the cinema that I would put in a 'best' of the year list. I don't have five.

I'm not going to say films like A Beautiful Mind because it was a 2001 film, ultimately. I could have said Gosford Park for example, one of the best films I've seen at the cinema this year, but it was last year's film.

I forgot to add Panic Room which I quite enjoyed.