Kung Fu Movies

Tools    

i totally agree with yoda about chan. he is so sweet. has anyone heard him sing? it's adorable. i like li too of course his style is awesome. the only thing i dont like so much about his new movies is the use of guns. that may be off the subject though. but they are both amazing to watch

Seraph of the Void

What an odd question. But one I have heard before.

If you are talking about Movies per se. Chan has the edge.

As Li is at the mercy of whatever script & director he works with.

Hence absurd movies like Romeo & Kiss of the Dragon.

But he has made some stunning movies like Fist of Legend (The Bruce Lee/Chinese connection remake) about the Shanghai Japanese/Chinese tensions & My father is hero (known as "The Enforcer' here)

And admittedly Chan has made some real turkeys..Mr Nice guy?
Twin Dragons??!?

However Chan has greater control over his movies and is learning what sells. which explains his recent successes

One was born in 1954- Chan
One was born in 1963- Li

If you were to compare a straight up fight between them you would have to compare them in their prime.

Each at the prime of their fighting capabilities.

A simulation if you will.

I would give it to Chan...and I'll tell you why

Although Li is technically more proficient in his style and somewhat flexible(and very very fast). Chan in his prime was a master of Shaolin/Peking opera style and very flexible,dynamic,and adaptive.
The one thing that gives Chan the edge is the sheer amount of punishment he can take and still keep going. I doubt if Li could have sustained the injuries Chan has suffered and still kept going.
So though it would be very close....I think Chan has the edge.

This is my opinion.
"When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"

Bruce Lee could school both these boyscouts.

Seraph of the Void
True but if he were alive right now you know what he would say....