Horror Movies of 2003..

Tools    

There are definitely a few movies I am looking foreward to seeing. I hear that Freddy vs Jason is coming out, but I dont know if i really like this fearsome combination- perhaps more funny than actually scary... the movie on the top of my lists to see for horror is dreamcatcher based on stephen king novel.. i know a few people who really enjoyed the book and i am finally excited about a movie with an actual storyline.. the music on the trailer reminds me a little bit of the reqium for a dream music- has anyone seen that movie? does anyone know who composed dreamcatcher's music by the way?

interesting... i guess you do not agree with my movie selection.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I too think Dream Catcher is gonna rock. If it does...good thing. Horror films have sucked recently, and the good ones resemble, in my opinion, thrillers as opposed to Horror. (Minus the Ring). I haven't read Dreamcatcher. It looks in the preview to be a lot like Carpenter's The Thing.

Originally posted by jstyles21jg
interesting... i guess you do not agree with my movie selection.
What is it with people who assume such weird stuff? Just because I don't know who composed the score and I make a little Little Richard joke, that automatically means I don't care for the movie "Dreamcatcher"? Check your pathology - I'll have you know that I've read some of the book!

i thought your reply was funi Sexy C

I think Freddy VS Jason is going to be good too. I hope Jason kicks his ass.

I hope Mrs Voorhees shows back up. She was as good, no...I'd say better than Jason. She should come back from the dead somehow, kill Freddy and take over the world with Jason.

Another Horror Stephen King book that will be made into a movie will be BAG OF BONES and it will be produced by Bruce Willis.

Also Jeepers Creepers 2 and Willard will be released in 2003.

As far as I know, there are only three horror movies coming out this year.

The ones listed previously are merely pathetic Hollywood attempts at horror.

The big 3 are:

House of a Thousand Corpses: directed by Rob Zombie himself

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: I wouldn't take any bets on the quality of this one, but the screenplay for this remake was written by Tobe Hooper, the director of the original, and by Kim Henckl (sp.), the writer of the original. Should be decent.

Dead Reckoning: the 4th installation in the infamous Romero zombie-fest. May not be a realease until 2004.

Well, also Day of the Dead is also being remade! I can't wait...it was a really gory but good horror movie!

Also due this year is Exorcist: The Beginning, a prequel detailing Father Merrin's first encounters with Satan in Africa as a Missionary. Stellan Skarsgard (Breaking the Waves, the original Insomnia, Good Will Hunting, Ronin) plays Merrin. Paul Schrader directs.

Identity fits partially in the Horror genre too.

And last year's British hit 28 Days Later will get a theatrical run in the States late this summer.

Gothika is a ghost story set in an insane asylum, starring Halle Barry, Penelope Cruz and Robert Downey Jr., directed by Frenchman Mathieu Kassovitz (director and co-star of The Crimson Rivers, actor in Amelie, Birthday Girl).

On the comedy side of Horror, not only has Disney made a feature film from their Pirates of the Carribean ride, they've also cobbled together The Haunted Mansion. Sad, but true. Stars Eddie Murphy, Jennifer Tilly, Wally Shawn, Terence Stamp and Don Knotts.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Im really excited about 28 days later, I first saw the the teaser when I saw the ring in the cinemas, and from what I ve read about the premises of 28 days later since then, the movie seems to have being influenced by the Resident evil games ( Which Im a fan of) but hopefully its not like the RE movie which was a big disappointment.

I cant wait for the Exorcist prequel. I loved the first and third ones. I think what makes the films so great is the layers upon layers of characters and supporting characters. Every one is important. Merrin is by far my favorite character, and I can't wait to see more of him.

Prince Of All Saiyans
Originally posted by ProjectScorpion
Well, also Day of the Dead is also being remade! I can't wait...it was a really gory but good horror movie!
I heard that Dawn Of The Dead is being remade, but Day Of The Dead? That's news to me...but in any case, not many people are holding hope for the remake of Dawn of The Dead as it seems it's being made by Bob Gunn, who also made the half-baked Scooby Doo movie. When you're doing a remake of one of the best horror films of all time, you're walking on eggshells...

The Willard remake comes out in a few days, and a remake of one of my favorite made for TV horror films, Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark, is also coming soon sometime this year.