Post movies that offended you

Tools    

Any movie in which ''USA is good'' everyone else is ''the bad guy''. Especially the american patriotic propaganda crap.
The reverse is seen quite often as well; e.x. films with an "evil Western colonialists" versus "peace loving noble savages" is an overused trope.

The reverse is seen quite often as well; e.x. films with an "evil Western colonialists" versus "peace loving noble savages" is an overused trope.
The other one that really annoys me is the ''lets change history so it looks as if the USA saved the day'' type movie. These movies claim to be based on true stories....

U-571 - disgusting....the worst of the worst what they did here
Saving Private Ryan - love the film but does its best to pretend only Americans are there in Normandy
Band of Brothers - same thing, even though i love this too
Argo - hides the Canadian help, once again making it look like an all american job
The Patriot - obvious reasons
Pearl Harbour - Ben Affleck flying with the RAF when he is shot-down...this was prohibited

I'm not a big fan of films tweaking history, either, but this is hardly unique to American films. Films made in any country tend to portray their own culture in a positive light. If the effect seems outsized in America's case, it's because their film industry is especially successful overseas.

Movies with animal cruelty involved like Ben-Hur. I also read about animal cruelty in relation to the Hobbit movie.

I'm not a big fan of films tweaking history, either, but this is hardly unique to American films. Films made in any country tend to portray their own culture in a positive light. If the effect seems outsized in America's case, it's because their film industry is especially successful overseas.
Tweaking is one thing, removing something altogether is a bit different.

Look at U571....could you imagine what Americans would be saying if we wiped them out of history and replaced all their navy personnel with British navy and claimed the British won the Battle of the Pacific against the Japanese? That's what was basically done with U-571.