Coronavirus

Tools    

All the measures taken certainly don't hurt, but do we really know how much it has helped? Part of me thinks that everybody has either had it, has it, or is going to get it one way or another at some point.

⬆️ Horrendous. Just like his Presidency. That’s all I’m gonna say.

Guys, how do you rate President Trump's management of the crisis?
Who really knows? As he will tell anybody who will listen, closing China seems like it was an important step. From my point of view though it was an obvious one. I think anybody in that position would do some good and make some mistakes when you are learning as you go. Plus much of the power is in the hands of the governors. I would be more interested in how somebody is doing that is doing something different than everybody else, like whoever is running Sweden

I don't blame Trump for being slow to respond. These are very tough situations and it's hard to tell a false alarm from a once-in-a-generation threat. The question is what they do when the situation is clearer, and unfortunately, even after we knew it was serious, he kept tossing out bizarre speculation, downplaying the threat, and then brazenly pretending he knew it was a problem all along, even though we've got him on tape saying otherwise just weeks earlier. He's also still saying things about the availability of testing that are just straight-up wrong, and often contradicted moments later by one of the doctors at the briefing. It's amazing to watch.

Hard to say how much tangible effect that has all had, but I tend to think transparency and the accurate dissemination of information are the two biggest things a leader can contribute to a situation like this, and he's been poor on both.

I'm not sure anyone's said it's fake, though that's not really how that kind of thing works. What normally happens is people just sort of vaguely downplay it or provide leading anecdotes or numbers and heavily imply it's no big deal without actually tying themselves to the position.

I don't blame Trump for being slow to respond. These are very tough situations and it's hard to tell a false alarm from a once-in-a-generation threat. The question is what they do when the situation is clearer, and unfortunately, even after we knew it was serious, he kept tossing out bizarre speculation, downplaying the threat, and then brazenly pretending he knew it was a problem all along, even though we've got him on tape saying otherwise just weeks earlier. He's also still saying things about the availability of testing that are just straight-up wrong, and often contradicted moments later by one of the doctors at the briefing. It's amazing to watch.

Hard to say how much tangible effect that has all had, but I tend to think transparency and the accurate dissemination of information are the two biggest things a leader can contribute to a situation like this, and he's been poor on both.
I don't even care what he says because we all know he's going to say some nonsense. I'm more concerned what he does. But it's even tricky with what he says, because political lies are like sports lies, sometimes it's a necessity. He has been in an awkward position where he wants people to take it seriously, yet he doesn't want to cause widespread panic. Still there's no doubt, if you're looking for somebody to say the right things, he's the wrong guy for that job.

And as far as any of it being fake, it's definitely not and it's definitely horrible. I'm just wondering if it could be less horrible if handled differently.

Did anybody say that Covid-19 was fake on this thread? If you think so, quote the post so that person can respond.
The really telling thing are the first-hand accounts from nurses and doctors in places like New York. That's the stuff that can't be faked, can't be hype.
I was replying to this post.

I'm not sure anyone's said it's fake, though that's not really how that kind of thing works. What normally happens is people just sort of vaguely downplay it or provide leading anecdotes or numbers and heavily imply it's no big deal without actually tying themselves to the position.
I hope you're not saying I did that. I clearly qualified in my two post about the recent antibody test results, that Covid-19 is also highly communicable so is dangerous for that reason.

What I believe those two antibody test show is, that there's hope down the road.

We are partially opening up on 4th.

Districts are divided into three types of zones.
Red zone : Area with active cases. Low relaxation of restrictions. Lockdown to continue till 17th May in this zone.

Orange Zone : Low number of active cases and possible ones with quarantined people. Less restrictions than red zone. Lockdown to continue till 17th.

Green Zone : Areas with no cases for the last two weeks. Most places of work baring theatres, hotels, schools, etc opened. Social distancing a must.

In addition to that, irrespective of the zones no one below 10 years old and no one above 65 is allowed to venture out.
Schools, colleges, theatres, malls, stadiums, etc continue to be closed.
No permission for religious or social gatherings.

And yeah, Masks are compulsory.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
So... why is the Left now in love with Remdesivir while they went completely nuts over Hydroxychloroquine (calling it "deadly" and saying Trump had "blood on his hands!")?
I really don't care about the Left. Those people can burn in hell for all I care.

Gonna issue the warning right now to contain partisan outbursts. You can criticize parties and politicians in this thread, but they should be relevant to the pandemic and not become the focal point, either.

And regardless, they should have the good taste not to, ya' know, condemn people's souls for their disagreements with you. That's unhinged.

Gonna issue the warning right now to contain partisan outbursts. You can criticize parties and politicians in this thread, but they should be relevant to the pandemic and not become the focal point, either.

And regardless, they should have the good taste not to, ya' know, condemn people's souls for their disagreements with you. That's unhinged.
I don't know if it was supposed to but I got such a good laugh out of that.

The thing that worries & depresses me the most is the specter of COVID-19 looming over us for the rest of 2020 & possibly for 2021 too.