Arthouse Westerns

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Do they exist?

I know some "arty" westerns are out there, and I'd like to watch more westerns this year. Suggestions and recommendations are appreciated, mofos.

I would say Dead Man definitely qualifies.

Was also thinking maybe The Proposition. Even if it doesn't qualify as "arthouse," it's a cool flick.

I got one, Dead Man (1995) Jim Jarmusch. At least I think it's arthouse, (I'm never sure just what that term means).
I just used the term "arthouse" because I didn't really know what else to use. I've seen it, but it was before I was really ready to appreciate something like it. It definitely falls into the category of what I am looking for though.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Ride in the Whirlwind
The Shooting
The Hired Hand
The Last Movie
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

Ride in the Whirlwind
The Shooting
The Hired Hand
The Last Movie
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
I've seen TAoJJbtCRF, good stuff. The others all look pretty good, I was talking to Swan about the first two earlier.

Thanks for the recs, Mark.

Welcome to the human race...
I haven't seen it yet, but that newer Slow West film... isn't it kind of arthouse-ish?
"Kind of arthouse-ish" sounds like an apt description of Slow West.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Osterns:
По закону
Свой среди чужих, чужой среди своих
Prawo i Pięść
Wilcze Echa

Animation:
Ring of Fire
The Backwater Gospel

Classic:
The Ox-Bow Incident

Not posting Spaghetti, because although they're great art, they're not really arthouse. Not posting what's been already mentioned. However, you oughtta check out Cemetery Without Crosses - probably the only French Spaghetti and ฟ้าทะลายโจร - simply an outstanding film starring our MovieForums' Gunslinger45!