moderators?

Tools    

Who are the moderators of this site? I tried to find out who they are, I have my suspects, but would like to know...if I'm allowed to know.

"Suspects"? "Allowed to know"? That's rather paranoid language.

I'm the administraitor. The Silver Bullet, OG-, Sir Toose, and Caitlyn are the moderators.

I'm not being paranoid, thats just how I talk sometimes. I said "allowed to know" because I wasn't sure if users were allowed to know who runs this site....thats all. I belong to a chat group where they prefer not to let people know who runs it.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Don't let his wording confuse you, he most certainly ment to say that I run this site.

I had a problem trying to get ahold of the mods as well. But not now. Keep up the good work guys!!!

Originally Posted by OG-
Don't let his wording confuse you, he most certainly ment to say that I run this site.
Can I be your assistant?

Anyway, my question to whomever does the banning is... What are the reasons that someone can be banned? And if you have a problem with someone, what suggestions do you have to correct the problem? I just noticed that there can be some nasty things said to one another in here, I wonder how much toleration a moderator or whomever can take before they ban someone.

on the same topic...

are there any super-moderators here? I've seen them before on other sites. They seem to work like admis, but not as high.

no offense to the others, seriously, but i'd have to say that caitlyn does the most "moderating" around here

Originally Posted by gummo
I'm not being paranoid, thats just how I talk sometimes. I said "allowed to know" because I wasn't sure if users were allowed to know who runs this site....thats all. I belong to a chat group where they prefer not to let people know who runs it.
In that case, I take it back. You're not paranoid, but the people who run your chat group probably are.

Originally Posted by starrdarcy
on the same topic...

are there any super-moderators here? I've seen them before on other sites. They seem to work like admis, but not as high.
Depends on how you use the term. I believe it usually refers to a moderator who can moderate in any forum. If so, then every moderator here is a super moderator.

btw, i was curious, do "you" need to have any special qualifications to be a mod here, or is it like most other forums, in that, if u've been around long enough, and you help out the forum, try to end arguments, etc. then the Admin, you yoda, will just ask that person if they want to be a mod?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Ya know...I don't remember how I became a moderator. I was here from pretty much the begining and I think it grew to the point where Chris needed to add moderators and he asked me if I wanted to be one. Then I went inactive for a fairly long time but still had my mod powers when I got back. I've only used it a couple times and thats just to move spam threads or thread duplicates.

it's nice to see someone who wouldn't realize they have that power and abuse it

Originally Posted by Michael_myers
btw, i was curious, do "you" need to have any special qualifications to be a mod here, or is it like most other forums, in that, if u've been around long enough, and you help out the forum, try to end arguments, etc. then the Admin, you yoda, will just ask that person if they want to be a mod?
Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. In this case, though, the forum doesn't generally get too out of handy, so the moderators we have now get the job done very well. There are a few other MoFo regulars who would make excellent mods, but would constitute overkill right now. As the forum grows, I imagine I'll ask more people.

Imagine this if you will - PimpDaShizzle AKA: Moderator

Some tremble with the mere thought.

I've seen on other sites (wont mention names) were moderators were hired, but the new mods were inexperienced and had their own agendas for the site. I little while latter, the site had server problems and missing money. It turns out that one of the new mods did some hacking somehow and stoll money.

Thats why admins sometimes have a tough time looking for someone suitable. Persoanly, i would never want to become a moderator. To demanding..

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle
Imagine this if you will - PimpDaShizzle AKA: Moderator

Some tremble with the mere thought.
...with laughter.

No one answered my question so I will ask again..

Anyway, my question to whomever does the banning is... What are the reasons that someone can be banned? And if you have a problem with someone, what suggestions do you have to correct the problem?

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by Yoda
Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. In this case, though, the forum doesn't generally get too out of handy, so the moderators we have now get the job done very well. There are a few other MoFo regulars who would make excellent mods, but would constitute overkill right now. As the forum grows, I imagine I'll ask more people.
Sounds bitchin'!