President Trump

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
all of your posts are either condescending or accusing me of being insincere and it's annoying tbh.
Do you know what projecting means?

oops wrong thread

You started a thread about having sex with roller coasters, it's difficult to think someone is being sincere after that.
But I didn't. I wasn't the one to bring up sex. I was talking about romantic relationships with theme park rides. I kept the sexual side of it to myself as that's a personal topic.

Do you remember how people claimed he would never have a chance of getting the nomination, then that he would never win the election? If they could be so wrong over and over why are you so convinced that he will lose in 2020?
This logic applies to literally every underdog who's ever won, in elections, sports or any other kind of competition. But it does not follow that any underdog who wins must then logically be considered forever a favorite.

Also, arguing that many pundits were haughty and arrogant (totally true) in no way implies that Trump is invulnerable, or possesses some magic talent for confounding expectations. At worst, it just means they were wrong. When people say you can't do something and you do, it might mean you did something good...or it might just mean they were really wrong. It doesn't automatically reflect well on you.

I never said I was sure lol.
"when he secures a second term."
(of a loss) "it won't happen."

Sounded pretty sure to me.

He has united the entire country behind him (other than the elite and the SJW nutcases)
Yeah, this bears no resemblance to reality. His approval rating is, like, 37%. Even if you want to apply a healthy margin of error to polling these days (which would be reasonable), it's clearly underwater, and a loooooong way from "the entire country." That's nuts.

and people still hate the democrats
Yep. This is the one reason I'm not sure whether he'll win or not.

so I just don't see how they could possibly beat him without him doing something enormously bad.
Well, he's failed to delivery on virtually every significant campaign promise so far (or, at least, the ones he didn't start walking back during the campaign itself). If he finishes his term without building a wall, without getting Mexico to pay for it, without repealing Obamacare, without eliminating the national debt...would that qualify as "enormously bad"?

How is it not? In what way are the people 100% behind him, source?
They just are. I think you will find at least 80% of the people love Trump, even the people that won't vote for him. It's the media that makes you think everyone hates him.

You have been here a day and have started a thread about having sex with rollercoasters, another about beating everyone up in a movie theatre because you're a badass and another calling fans of musicals "airheads". Then you bump the Trump thread of all things. I don't think we are as dumb as you think we are.

They just are. I think you will find at least 80% of the people love Trump, even the people that won't vote for him. It's the media that makes you think everyone hates him.
Where did you get the 80% number?

He's cracked down on illegal immigration, terrorism
Specifics, please. Sounds like you're just describing his stated positions, not any actual actions or policies.

and various other things that SJWs love.
Ding ding ding. This is what it's really about. He makes people you don't like mad.

Also, he has created over 2 million new jobs for Americans.
You realize you need just a little under that to keep pace with population growth, yeah? And what would you say if I told you this was the same (or a bit slower) than the pace leading up to the start of his term?

Plus his foreign policy is WORKING. Syria and North Korea are done messing with you guys now.
Huh? North Korea's firing missiles, dude. That's new, and bad.

You have been here a day and have started a thread about having sex with rollercoasters, another about beating everyone up in a movie theatre because you're a badass and another calling fans of musicals "airheads". Then you bump the Trump thread of all things. I don't think we are as dumb as you think we are.
I did not create a thread about sex with roller coasters. I talked about a spiritual connection. Also, if my opinions bother you, block me.

The more the Media slam him, the more the people will support him.
That'd be a remarkably foolish way to decide who to support even if you started with the assumption that the media were always unfair to him. And a lot of the slamming he brings on himself.

Regardless, what Dani said was about whether or not people were "united" behind him, a statement for which there is no evidence for and much evidence against. So this is just another example of people trying to deflect criticism of Trump by talking about something else. "BUT THE MEDIA" is not a response to questions or critiques of his policies.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Reagan had low approval of like 35%, then bounced back and won 49 states in a landslide, oversaw on economic boom and collapse of the Soviet Union.

Specifics, please. Sounds like you're just describing his stated positions, not any actual actions or policies.

Ding ding ding. This is what it's really about. He makes people you don't like mad.

You realize you need just a little under that to keep pace with population growth, yeah? And what would you say if I told you this was the same (or a bit slower) than the pace leading up to the start of his term?

Huh? North Korea's firing missiles, dude. That's new, and bad.
Yeah, they're firing missiles into the ocean. They would never attack America or anywhere else because they know they would get annihilated.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
That'd be a remarkably foolish way to decide who to support even if you started with the assumption that the media were always unfair to him. And a lot of the slamming he brings on himself.

Regardless, what Dani said was about whether or not people were "united" behind him, a statement for which there is no evidence for and much evidence against. So this is just another example of people trying to deflect criticism of Trump by talking about something else. "BUT THE MEDIA" is not a response to questions or critiques of his policies.
Maybe foolish, maybe not.

It's an "enemy (Trump) of my (people) enemy (main stream media) is my friend" scenario.

The attitude on social media is certainly not indicating everyone is totally behind him. That;s utter nonsense the same as the trump clone in this country is supported 100%. People absolutely hate her. Only the uneducated believe all of her BS.

Reagan had low approval of like 35%, then bounced back and won 49 states in a landslide, oversaw on economic boom and collapse of the Soviet Union.
Saying you can rebound from a bad approval rating is different than saying approval ratings don't matter. Regan's approval rating (which was under 40 only very briefly) obviously improved, and very quickly. Trump's is already worse, and for longer. His normal standing is roughly akin to Reagan's very short-lived lowest point, so that's not a very apt comparison.

Yeah, they're firing missiles into the ocean. They would never attack America or anywhere else because they know they would get annihilated.
That may be true, but that doesn't explain why you think them firing missiles is a triumph of foreign policy. Even if you regard them as no threat whatsoever (which would be kinda nuts, but I'll go with it), firing missiles is worse than not firing missiles, so calling this a success is bizarre.

Media is controlled by the left liberals. You are right.

Maybe foolish, maybe not.

It's an "enemy (Trump) of my (people) enemy (main stream media) is my friend" scenario.
Yeah, it's not that at all. Supporting someone who opposes the same groups as you can make sense. Supporting someone who just makes those groups mad is not the same thing at all. It's easy to poke people with a stick. Actually winning meaningful policy victories against them is another matter.

What's foolish is not making pragmatic alliances even with people you're not nuts about (though if that's the case, you shouldn't feel the need to pretend to love the person to overcompensate for other people's criticisms). What's foolish is caring more about jabbing the other side than actually getting things done.

That may be true, but that doesn't explain why you think them firing missiles is a triumph of foreign policy. Even if you regard them as no threat whatsoever (which would be kinda nuts, but I'll go with it), firing missiles is worse than not firing missiles, so calling this a success is bizarre.

And they're not firing them into the ocean. They fall out of the sky and land in the ocean. Huge difference.