Obama's Legacy

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I don't think there is such a thing as pro-abortion..
Those who actively push for and support laws allowing for the death of unborn infants are not behaving in a pro-life manner. People either live or they die. There is no other option.

Those who actively push for and support laws allowing for the death of unborn infants are not behaving in a pro-life manner. People either live or they die. There is no other option.
That's debatable depending on how pedantic you want to get. There's another thread for that however.

He is certainly the most pro-abortion president in U.S history. He'll be remembered alongside Hitler and Stalin.
It's a bit annoying when people come to this kind of extreme conclusion.

Whether you think women should or shouldn't have the option of an abortion is your own, but to use that as a comparison to leaders like Stalin or Hitler is a bit much.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

In the meantime, our Republican brothers are doing their best to curb Obamacare and in two years it will be completely repealed and he will be nothing but a bad memory.
And what will they replace it with? Something significantly better? I think not.

Well leaving it be will only facilitate another economic disaster, so take your pick.
Yeah, but I'm not as optimistic as him that the Republicans will have a great solution to it in 2 years time.

I'm still a supporter of universal health care myself.

Yeah, but I'm not as optimistic as him that the Republicans will have a great solution to it in 2 years time.

I'm still a supporter of universal health care myself.
The Republicans have no solutions, neither party does.

I support that as well, but not only is Obamacare not really what it is sold to be, we are not in any economic situation to take on a major social program, especially when someone can up and go "alright you 5 million illegals are legal now"

The Republicans have no solutions, neither party does.

I support that as well, but not only is Obamacare not really what it is sold to be, we are not in any economic situation to take on a major social program, especially when someone can up and go "alright you 5 million illegals are legal now"
" 5 million illegals " is really being optimistic, the reality is that there is 20 million and we don't have enough busses, but at least that's a start.

Okay: why not? What are their proposed alternatives, and why won't they work? I think I asked this once before but it never got a reply. You've defended Obama by suggesting Republican ideas would be worse several times, but it's never involved any actual discussion about what those ideas are or why they'd be bad. To this point it's been indistinguishable from what someone would say if they didn't know but simply opposed it sight unseen.

Mesmerized wins the award for funniest post, hands down.
I don't buy the Hitler/Stalin thing, but the President voted against a state version of this bill once, and the rationales he's given to try to play it down (when they haven't been all over the place) have been pretty thoroughly debunked.

So, you can make fun of this guy for exaggerating, or you can try to explain to me why you're cool with that.

Reading this bill gave me the dry heaves (because of what the alternative is). I didn't even know this bill existed though I should have. I am baffled by why this would even need to exist. I hate us sometimes.

I don't buy the Hitler/Stalin thing, but the President voted against a state version of this bill once, and the rationales he's given to try to play it down (when they haven't been all over the place) have been pretty thoroughly debunked.
He's against saving the lives of unfortunate persons as well as supporting Planned Parenthood, the world's largest abortion business. He has as much regard for children as Hitler did for the Jews.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...her-/?page=all

He's against saving the lives of unfortunate persons as well as supporting Planned Parenthood, the world's largest abortion business. He has as much regard for children as Hitler did for the Jews.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...her-/?page=all
I disagree; callous indifference is not the same thing as active spite. I think it's all pretty terrible, and I think our ancestors are going to look back with amazement at the way people rationalized it, but nothing is served by failing to distinguish between the many ways people can find themselves doing bad things.

We don't need to exaggerate these practices to oppose them. There's plenty in reality to do that with, sadly.

Reading this bill gave me the dry heaves (because of what the alternative is). I didn't even know this bill existed though I should have. I am baffled by why this would even need to exist. I hate us sometimes.
If you're baffled by why it would need to exist, imagine the kind of mental gymnastics necessary to actually vote against it.

Then ponder what it says about people who support this stuff that so many of them have managed never to hear about it.

I disagree; callous indifference is not the same thing as active spite.
Unlike Hitler, Obama needs to be careful how he addresses people. How do we know his mind isn't actively desirely the deaths of innocent persons in order to satify his personal ambitions? His voice is heard through teleprompters and from shrewd speakers like Jay Carney. We will never hear the truth from his own lips.

I think it's all pretty terrible, and I think our ancestors are going to look back with amazement at the way people rationalized it.
It's terrible, alright. This country is quickly falling apart at the seams. What language will our ancestors be speaking?

Unlike Hitler, Obama needs to be careful how he addresses people. How do we know his mind isn't actively desirely the deaths of innocent persons in order to satify his personal ambitions? His voice is heard through teleprompters and from shrewd speakers like Jay Carney. We will never hear the truth from his own lips.
Well, we don't know what he's thinking, but that's not really reason enough to assume it's the most malicious thing possible.

It's terrible, alright. This country is quickly falling apart at the seams. What language will our ancestors be speaking?
I don't really care, as long as they love freedom. The things I love about America have nothing to do with language. What they speak is less important than what they say.

I don't really care, as long as they love freedom. The things I love about America have nothing to do with language. What they speak is less important than what they say.
What I mean is, with the weakened economy and many other destructive forces at work, this country can one day soon be conquered by the enemy, whoever that may be; and this could mean loss of freedom. We have lost certain freedoms already.

What I mean is, with the weakened economy and many other destructive forces at work, this country can one day soon be conquered by the enemy, whoever that may be; and this could mean loss of freedom. We have lost certain freedoms already.
That's the life of an empire, don't ya know, especially a most hypocritical one. I don't really know what you're getting at in this thread tbh