PEOPLE!(gaussian)check your PM box!

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
I just like to play the "welcoming committee", but it's frustratin' that people forget to see if possibly, maybe, people have sent them a message. I know of three new members that haven't even discovered their in box...because my message tracking says they have unread mail! I just like to get messages...truth be told *bows head in shame and guilt*

Yes, it is a bit frustrating. Even Steve, longtime MoFo, didn't seem to notice he had any messages for awhile. I dunno of anything I should be able to reasonably do (I'm not gonna make it required that we all receive that popup confirmation when we get a message) to get their attention anymore...but if I think of anything, I'll let you guys know.

I didn't notice the PM messages at first, either, but it didn't take me too long to notice.

Now I've got it seet to email me so I'll know when I get a new one.

Now With Moveable Parts
That's a good idea Ryan. I thought when I checked that little box to have some sort of notification when I get one, was going to be like a visual interruption. Like a pop-up ad. I didn't know it was just that bar at the bottom of the screen. Maybe people don't see them. However, I got what's- his- user- name's attention with this thread, so...

Good news. For once I've actually been able to semi-fix one of the bugs someone has mentioned to me. Well, okay, it's not a bug...but it's an improvement. Found a public hack, modified it, and the result is quite nice: if you have any new PMs present that you have not opened, the "MovieForums Messages" bar at the bottom of the forum home screen will BLINK from black to gray. It does a fine job of getting your attention. If there are no new PM's, it'll look plain and boring, as usual.

Hope you all like it. Send yourself a message if you want to test it out.

Now With Moveable Parts
I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again...you dah man T!!!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Oh sadie is fascinated by the quaintest things. She gets entertained by the straps on the merchandise she sells.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

hey spud, i'm quite easily entertained, too...i make myself laugh all the time...i'm talking "guffaws" over the silliest things....but it beats it's opposite.
...and commish, i'm very impressed by you and your site.....one could say "impressed to a T". i have no friggin idea how you do whatever it is you do to build a site, program stuff, find and fix problems, ...let alone make the money to keep it and YOU going! miss sades knows what's she's sayin' when she say's "you dah man", have a great weekend !

Oh, I'll agree with you in a heartbeat on how talented TWT is and how everything in this site works real well, but I just like giving Sadie a hard time, and giving people an idea of where she works at....Shhhh....it's a "secret"...

Now With Moveable Parts
Spud...do you have any idea what kind of punishment you are racking up here? Do you?! You are facing full extent of the law right now, anymore of your drivel...and I'm going ILLEAGAL on your potato-@ss!

Now With Moveable Parts
I know it. Yes. Doesn't change the fact I wanna make French Fried pertaters out of you.

...ooooh....so you can french kiss em.......

I'm sorry...this is getting WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY of subject.

POSTERS, CHECK YOUR MESSAGE BOX FOR MESSAGES FROM FELLOW POSTERS!!!

Now With Moveable Parts
THANKS FOR THE REPEAT SPUD BTW- You so naught-tay.

Yeah I know, which this is gonna get off subject again, but I just have to tell everyone about this.

Going to my aunt's house today I drove over Potato Creek..

I asked for a Mr. Potato Head for Christmas...

Chris, I had an idea about the message box thingy majigger.

Could you put it so that the Message Box is on the top instead of at the bottom. Cause people don't always scroll all the way down. Just a thought.

Speaking of TWT, where is he? He hasn't posted in a couple of days.

Did he lose his Internet service at the same time I did? (I thought he was on @Home, too). Anybody know?

Ryan's right: I was an @Home user, and I got knocked off. I'm using a dial-up and a free AOL subscription to post this. I won't be on much for the next week or so...just signing on to check email and see if anything is important. Just thought you'd all wanna know. Sorry! Went 2 and a half days without any MoFo or email...almost killed myself.

I'll be back soon enough, and then I'll reply to all this stuff properly.

'Til then...

Now With Moveable Parts
Aw, T. Hurry back!