I'm Sick

Tools    

ah this age thing........i wouldn't have guessed Sullivan was only 19...... i find it hard to believe T isn't at least a decade older than he is, and i guess i don't really want to believe that i'm only a few years away from 40. i feel physically unbreakable- even though i've had to deal with little sicknesses that i get from my little girl who gets them from the petri-dish of kids where i work. But one thing that changes when you get older...........you no longer feel willing to jump off a swing once you're swinging as high as you can go......you can no longer fly across the monkey bars hand to hand to hand without ripping your arms out of their sockets, and you feel like your head will explode if you try to do a headstand.
There aren't too many MoFo members passed 30...........Austruck, Toose, Holden....... myself.......who else? and do you agree?

I hear you Patti. Age is a mindset though. I can still see how it would be pretty fun to leap from that swing... it's the wisdom of experience that stops me from doing it, not the loss of hunger for the fun of it. You do become more aware of your own mortality without a doubt. I have found that I've been slower in accepting age than most of my friends and family. Sometimes we have huge picnics with tons of kids and I'm usually the only one who plays football all day with them. No doubt I'm the sorest one at the end of the day though

oh i'd be in there with you Toose. i still swing as high as i can go, and i do handstands and flips and cartwheels every chance i get (in parks)......i just don't jump from heights. i value my ankles and knees too much.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
You're lucky you still have your knees...I'm almost 20 and both of my knees are shot.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg