Eyes Wide Shut

Tools    

An easy question..

Who is the girl who saves Bill Harford (Tom Cruise) in the mysterious masked nightclub.. Where has he met her before?

that's what she said...
idk maybe Alice his wife... or Domino the prostitude... *shrugs*

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If it's so easy, why don't you know it?

Yes, it was Mandy, the woman he treated at Sidney Pollack's party.

Thanks for replying..

I thought it would be Easy Qn because, its a popular film and there would be very less people who have not seen this movie and can answer as soon as they see the question.

IMO, I don't think so its Mandy.. But there are no other options left for the viewers to choose from.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
IMO, I don't think so its Mandy.. But there are no other options left for the viewers to choose from.
Google it. And then watch the movie again. And then Google once more. Maybe that will convince you?

She is the prostitute who he pays for nothing. she is hired for the orgie.

She is the prostitute who he pays for nothing. she is hired for the orgie.
No it's not…
I just saw it today and they even said its Mandy the girl who ODed at the party and was hired later.

The reason why Mandy wanted to "redeem" Bill at the masked ball was that she almost OD'ed to death but was saved by Bill. Its a form of redemption. Whatever happened to Mandy afterward was made relatively unclear. What was most shocking was that members of the party turned up at the masked ball. The film isnt about elitists engaging in orgies; its about how the elite class operates in secrecy from the public, creating their own rules and laws.

Thanks for all the replies..

I re-watched again, and there is a place where the character Ziegler tells Bill Harford that he has met her and saved her (referring to Mandy). So its Mandy.

The initial Mandy we see in Ziegler's party is not the same person we see in the secret night club. Though they are the same character -Mandy, it was portrayed by two different actresses. As Kubrick's a perfectionist and shot the film over a long period of time, the original actress who played Mandy could not continue acting for the later scenes involving redemption of Bill Harford and the Mortuary scene. You can spot this if you see the breast shapes of the characters. Anyway the movie is surrealistic - we never know if Ziegler was telling the truth to Bill Harford