SpelingError's Top 100 Favorite Short Films

Tools    

Lots of shorts I need to put on the watchlist. Very interesting. This is a field I’m lacking and, when I eventually turn to to it, gives me a nice list of films to start with

I wonder if any from De Seta or Reiniger will appear? I’ve delved a bit into their films.
Something I like about the short film format is that it's fairly easy to fit them into my day.

I've seen a few of De Seta's films. While I like what I've seen from him so far, none of them were in contention for this list. As for Reiniger, I've only seen The Adventures of Prince Achmed, which I really enjoyed. I'll have to check out some more of her films.

Hair-Raising Hare (1946, Chuck Jones)

PEOPLE! AAAAAAAAAH!!!

Thanks for sharing

Big fan of Skeleton Dance as well. I discovered it in a fan-made music video for one of my favorite songs, Hell by Squirrell Nut Zippers. Enjoy.

Forklift Driver Klaus: The First Day on the Job (2001, Stefan Prehn and Jörg Wagner)

Entertaining and informative! 😆

One Week (1920, Buster Keaton and Edward F. Cline)

Absolutely love this. I haven't seen a lot, but this is my favorite Keaton film.

Absolutely love this. I haven't seen a lot, but this is my favorite Keaton film.
For me, it's The General. Though Keaton's films can unfortunately get racist from time to time, when he's at his best, he's up there with Spielberg as the most entertaining director I can think of.

For me, it's The General. Though Keaton's films can unfortunately get racist from time to time, when he's at his best, he's up there with Spielberg as the most entertaining director I can think of.
The General is a lot of fun, and quite an impressive feat from a filmmaking perspective. Still, I would probably have it at #3, below Sherlock Jr..

The General is a lot of fun, and quite an impressive feat from a filmmaking perspective. Still, I would probably have it at #3, below Sherlock Jr..
Sherlock Jr. is also excellent. I'd also vouch for Our Hospitality and Seven Chances as great films.

Sherlock Jr. is also excellent. I'd also vouch for Our Hospitality and Seven Chances as great films.
I need to see those, and Steamboat Bill, Jr.

Just saw this one back in January. Not sure if it was you who recommended it, but at some point I had added it to my Letterboxd watchlist. Good stuff.