A Child Eyes

Tools    

Saw X-Men III with the whole family yesterday, was a great experience. Dang popcorn and soda and snacks cost $40+ though. Oh well was worth it.

Back when I was a kid before my parents divorced (that's a good thing...my dad is an ass, so don't feel sorry for me) most "family nights" that we had consisted of going down to the local theater. It helped me deal with things and escape the same way it does now. I loved nothing more. My mom met my stepfather when I was around 11, and it happened very often with them too. We even went to this old drive thru once. It was a double feature. The films showing, Mimic and Copland were not so great (then again I was 11), but the experience was all that mattered. It just felt so comforting and free. I still get that feeling every time I walk into a theater today and although more often than not I am alone, those memories are with me and I carry them into every film.