Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) bids adieu to all his SW memorabilia

Tools    

Well, I guess some folks will settle for Siri or Alexa when they could have a fully-functional protocol droid, so to each their own

I have no need for a protocol droid, but I wish him the best of luck.

I'm getting this for my nephew. He's autistic and he could use someone to make small talk for him.

I agree that this seems rather sad. I always wonder why people do things like this, as, I assume, he doesn't have a massive collection taking over his house? I would think (hope) there would be no necessity to get rid of anything while he lives.

I agree that this seems rather sad. I always wonder why people do things like this, as, I assume, he doesn't have a massive collection taking over his house? I would think (hope) there would be no necessity to get rid of anything while he lives.
The story says why he's doing this

Daniels originally was going to leave his collection to his wife, Christine Savage, to sell after he died. When he told her his plan, her response was, “Why don’t you sell it now?”

“She doesn’t want to deal with this stuff,” says the actor, who turned 78 in February.

The story says why he's doing this
I mean, I guess that makes total sense, but still. I guess this is much more of a personal thing on my part, but I would have a hard time watching something meaningful in my life be liquidated.

I mean, I guess that makes total sense, but still. I guess this is much more of a personal thing on my part, but I would have a hard time watching something meaningful in my life be liquidated.
I think he's quite rightly putting his wife's feelings above everything else. As all good and noble men ought to do, at all times!

How old are you? It gets easier as you get older.

I think it's fun to think of Anthony Daniels as just another man who's clearly much too old to have a bunch of Star Wars memorabilia. And that he has so much of it his wife is demanding he sell it before he dies and she's stuck having to deal with it.