Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I feel exactly the same — this one is the best. Interesting that Hogg herself insists the three are ‘not a trilogy’. Ah well.

https://www.anothermag.com/design-li...-tilda-swinton
Just love how Tilda played herself & her mother. Snippy receptionist was so hilarious. Love Tilda’s real life dog.

Just love how Tilda played herself & her mother. Snippy receptionist was so hilarious. Love Tilda’s real life dog.
Absolutely! I viscerally felt the entire check-in scene (I do travel a lot for work). Also noticed the receptionist’s shoes which seemed very out of place. Tilda was great, as always (I had no idea it was her own dog but makes sense upon reflection).

Absolutely! I viscerally felt the entire check-in scene (I do travel a lot for work). Also noticed the receptionist’s shoes which seemed very out of place. Tilda was great, as always (I had no idea it was her own dog but makes sense upon reflection).
IIRC, she had two dogs & elderly mother dog died. Something like that.

The receptionist was so surly-British.

'Kansas City Confidential.' While there are dozens of film noirs I could list better than this it's still a good one (plus I haven't seen it in years).

This is entertaining so far, but I’m always perplexed by films where the two leads speak with incredibly thick accents throughout the first 20 minutes. It’s absolutely unbearable. This is why I think everything needs dubbing. I understand the language barrier is intentional but it’s so annoying.
Bizarre film. Annoying. One of the most irritating things I’ve ever seen.

My second attempt to see this.

Until about 75% through, I thought this was fantastic. Then once we get to the
WARNING: spoilers below
Dream House meets Haute Tension stuff, I don’t know. At least here it does apparently serve to illustrate working through internal homophobia and whatnot, but still, really ruins the thing. Perplexing to see it labelled as ‘fantasy’ all over the place, including reviews — since when does something happening entirely in the protagonist’s head count as fantasy?
Ah well. Started off so sexy. Shame, real shame.