Pre-1930s Hall of Fame II

Tools    

3rd Place Tied
Battleship Potemkin (1925)
Points 33
Nominated by Ahwell

It was a shocking and unique experience. I don't give a damn that it's propaganda as long as a film can connect to me like Battleship Potemkin does.”

I loved 7th Heaven and it was my number 2. What's more my wife really loved it as well.
Ah, I wish I had someone who'd be willing to sit through silent movies with me

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
so, I'm guessing He who gets slapped is the final tie?

thought this and second guessed myself.

Battleship Potemkin was amazing, I had it at #1.
I thought so too and I'm sure that it will do very well in the upcoming countdown. Which reminds me I've got to get my voting list in for that.

and Battleship was #9 for me.
AMAZING camera work wise, but the propaganda sort of killed the rest of the film for me.
VERY happy to have finally seen it though and even though it rated low, I may still place it on my Countdown List.

I thought so too and I'm sure that it will do very well in the upcoming countdown. Which reminds me I've got to get my voting list in for that.
How did it place in this Hall of Fame for you?

2nd Place
He Who Gets Slapped (1924)
Points 37
Nominated by Cricket

I really loved this one. I think a big part is that I quickly sympathized with the main character and despised others. So right off the bat I am hooked.”

Awesome! It was my #3, I loved it.

He Who Gets Slapped was my #6, it was decent.

He was at #6
and It at #3.

After watching It, I had a strong feeling that Clara was going to take this. Or perhaps, like I did for her character during the film, I was definitely rooting for her.

Here's my list:

1) 3 Bad Men
7th Heaven
It
Laugh, Clown, Laugh
The Doll
He Who Gets Slapped
Lonesome
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Battleship Potemkin
10) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

and CONGRATS CR for the win!!!
AND---
for doing such an amazing hosting job YET AGAIN!!
You, sir, have it down to an art form!!

Congrats Citizen Rules for the win AND thanks for hosting these HoFs, I discovered so many cool Pre-30s films I would never have watched.

My final list:
1. Battleship Potemkin
2. The Passion of Joan of Arc
3. It
4. The Doll
5. 3 Bad Men
6. He Who Gets Slapped
7. Laugh, Clown, Laugh
8. 7th Heaven
9. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
10. Lonesome

I just realized CR's two noms got first and last place... not important obviously, but just an interesting note.

That went pretty smooth, I like having the noms prewritten up and saved, it made it much easier for me than doing in on the fly like I did in the 10th.

Big thanks to everyone for joining these two Pre 30s Hof, I hope you guys enjoyed exploring the old silent films and 1 talkie too. I hope you guys found some new favorites for the Pre 30s Countdown.

Congrats Citizen Rules for the win AND thanks for hosting these HoFs, I discovered so many cool Pre-30s films I would never have watched.
I'm glad you enjoyed this, I feel like I learned a lot about silent films.