Which movie is better, and why?!

Tools    

Cloverfield or The Blair Witch Project

Though both movies recieved scathing reviews, and great ones they both imo are great. Blair Witch was fun, but if you sat down thinking you were gonna get treated to a special effects fest then youd hate it. I do admit the girl playing Heather should have died first because the chick never dies first, and damn she was loud. Alot.

Cloverfield was a blast, and dont let anybody tell you something fell into the water the last scene of the film. It was a hoax, but bs rumors like this is great hype and buzz. Needs a sequel!

I have to go with Cloverfield, but not by as large a margin as many would expect. I understand many of you hate both, but do realize this style of filmaking will evolve, and marketing of Blair Witch especially was another fresh concept. Thats only a good thing.
Well, I Never Got A Chance To See Blair Witch, So I Have To Go With Cloverfield. At First I Loved It, But I've Watched It So Many Times That It's Just Good Now, Nothing Really More Than That. Oh And By The Way, It's Not BS, Something Really Does Fall In The Water.

Yeah, something definitely fell into the water during the last scene of Cloverfield. I don't know how you can't see it.

Blairwitch and Cloverfield both made people sick cause of the shaky cam thing. The ending of B.W. has to be the better of the two, other than that, about a tie for me. So based on the ending my vote goes to B.W.

Cloverfield, easily. Although it's no great work of art, I really enjoyed it. As for Blair Witch, other than the last twenty minutes or so, I thought it was annoying as hell:
"YOU LOST THE MAP!!!"
"I DID NOT LOSE THE MAP!!!"
"WHERE'S THE MAP?"
"I DON'T KNOW!!!"
"YOU LOST THE MAP!!!"
"DID NOT!!!"
"DID TOO!!!"
"OKAY, SO MAYBE I LOST THE MAP."
"AAAAGH!!!"
"AAAAAAAAAGH!!!"

Sheesh

The Fungus Among Us
Maybe start posting match-ups with three or four movies. This last match up would have been a good spot to do so, as many movies have been made using the hand cam gimmick, and all were greatly different. Also it seems a lot of the time almost all votes are going to one of the two movies, such as the last match-up.

And my vote goes to Cloverfield as well. I actually liked the characters and the brief glimpses of the monster made the shaky cam more palatable and the scenario more engaging.

In Blair Witch everyone was annoying and I desperately wanted to see them get eaten or tortured by some hideous witch. Alas, there was no pay-off. Although at the time, The Blair Witch Project did employ some very clever marketing.

reservoir dogs circa 1881
agree with most of comments cloverfields better to be fair though the film wouldnt probabily been made if blair witch hadnt have opened a way for these type of films so it definately started something and the ending really is worth sitting through the film though

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Cloverfield. I actually really enjoyed it even though I did not expect to. Nothing about The Blair Witch Project was scary or entertaining to me. I was just flat out bored.

I Tried Watching The Blair With Project Once, But I Couldn't Finish It.

You should finish it, MovieMan. The ending is really great.
I'll Try Sometime, But I Got More Important Movies To Watch First.

^^^^^^
Im not trying to be fresh, but does your name mean Big Al or Bi Gal?
I dont think i should spoil that one for you if you dont like my answer you might not talk to me anymore

Nah Id talk to you either way. Just right now I picture you like that Saturday Night Live character "Its Pat!" How do I know?! I dont know?! The mystery is killing me. LOL!

I can see me and you falling out ive just googled its pat!lol i look nothing like that more like a freakishly tall dave grohl type imagine that!

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
The Blair Witch Project is just a scene for scene rip-off of Cannibal Holocaust!

Ok time for a new one...

Full Metal Jacket or Apocolypse Now?

Both are excellent horrors of war with observations of madness movies. For me this is easy - Full Metal Jacket. Though visually captivating Coppollas Apocolypse was too weird, too unrealistic, and loses due to the authenticity issue.

One of the best opening scenes EVER in a movie belongs to FMJ, and the ex marine drill instructor turned actor R Lee Ermey. A 30 year retiree from the corp Kubrick shot Ermeys opening scene with no edits, little direction, and it was powerful.

FMJ does fall apart the 2nd half of the movie, but still great. AN is a movie that I feel was overdirected. Tongo starts dodging rocks and garbage pelted at him Plot was ok, but the storyline should have been alot more realistic then how it played out. Tigers, surfing marines, most of Brandos dialogue....at times the movie was campy. Yet sometimes the camp helped cause Duvall was awesome as the crazed marine ordering them to surf, and the movie did make Martin Sheen.