Harrison Ford "I am still fit" to play Indy.

Tools    

Here is a article that I found on the internet about the media thinking that Harrison Ford is too old and not fit enought to play the role. Well there is only one way to find out and that is to see the movie.

Here is the link:http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

i think its all hogwash. indy was made for ford. and it his character. i think it would be compleately wrong for anyone else to play indy.

I thing he is getting older to play Indy

The Adventure Starts Here!
If they work with the fact that he's aging, it could be great fun. Heck, Connery played his dad at a much older age and HE was okay with the adventure (to a point).

The humor could really be great if they work with it properly....lovingly.

Originally Posted by Austruck
If they work with the fact that he's aging, it could be great fun. Heck, Connery played his dad at a much older age and HE was okay with the adventure (to a point).

The humor could really be great if they work with it properly....lovingly.
I agree, they did it to certain extent in all the movies. That "look" Ford is famous for, the exasperated academic, will be even more poignant (and funny) now that he has aged.
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

Originally Posted by harder_909
I thing he is getting older to play Indy

Come on -- he's way too old for the role!

Originally Posted by Dark Party
Come on -- he's way too old for the role!
I think it would be ok if, like Yodas Mummy said, he plays his age

I could see the action in a movie like this being almost inadvertent and a lot more bumbling and humorous, but still the same old Indy, improvising and using his wits a lot.

It definitely could work, although I admit they should do it sooner rather than later.

I'm not so convinced. It was already a stretch having Sean Connery play his dad when they are less than 10 years apart in age.

Ford has not aged well in my opinion. I think they should do a prequel to "Raiders" and cast another actor.

Twelve years apart, actually.

I dunno. Ford's 64 years old. I think the guy looks pretty dang good considering my own dad is only 67. I wouldn't have thought Ford was old enough to be my dad.

I think it could be wonderful if it is played right. I couldnt see anyone else in that role, not ever.

I absolutely love the original Indiana Jones Trilogy. I don't care if Ford is in his sixties...they can work that into the story. Anyone other than Ford playing Indiana Jones would be a travesty.

"I need pants like the world needs AIDS. Lets get this over with."
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

It might be funny to see actually. I mean, he's no Jackie Chan.