→ in
Tools    

April
May
June
July

Will this ever actually happen

Welcome to the human race...
Two months is still enough time to do a countdown, besides which most people on here have made it very clear that they never cared about this in the first place so, with all due respect, f*ck 'em if they'd rather care about whatever was good enough to not get forgotten during the Depression.

I'm actually not sure how the countdowns are supposed to go down (I've only done the music one and actors, both of which I botched! I suck at lists of favs). I assumed it was collect lists from people who have seen movies in whichever category the countdown is based upon, arrange the list in order according to the votes, present the results with some fanfare. Everybody discusses. If there's a process in which there's a suggested list of viewing material and people have to watch all on the list and vote accordingly...that's a different thing. But I thought those were Movie Challenges.

Ideally, though obviously there's a window in which people can recommend titles and even hold Hall of Fames or whatever as a means of drumming up interest, but those can fall by the wayside if they're not made mandatory (and there's no practical way of doing that). Ultimately, it's all up to how much effort people are personally willing to put into these things, and for all the complaints about how much this has been delayed or whatever because of me personally, I can only say that this reflects the general disinterest in this countdown (for comparison's sake, the 70s countdown got 99 votes as opposed to this one's 33, and I still maintain that decade is no less arbitrary a detail than director gender). People started off going "this is a bad idea for a countdown", nobody else volunteered to host it, and comparatively few people voted on it - now they have the gall to complain that it's taking too long to come out. Again, f*ck 'em. This countdown deserved better from everyone, myself included.

Maybe it would have been better at another time, if all signs were telling you "no". If it's the people who submitted lists that are complaining, I can understand why. The ones who didn't shouldn't care about the countdown one way or another.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
This thread was made in December. Lists were due at the end of March. Just give the data to someone who can post it at least.

The Rodent did the Comic Book Countdown with 35 lists, only two more than you have and Comic Book movies are watched and discussed a tonne more than films directed by women here so i'd say 33 is a pretty good haul. You're not going to get many more (if any) at this point and i hosted a Hall of Fame as well as a Recs thread for it, it had attention shown on it, you may as well just post it now.

Let the night air cool you off
You can't be late for Sheep, people lose their minds.
So, what you are saying is sheep > women. Some of those more... uh... interesting farmers had it right all along.

Don't think you guys are paying attention, the Countdown will begin on July 20.
Good to know .... don't suppose you happen to also know which year though?

This thread was made in December. Lists were due at the end of March. Just give the data to someone who can post it at least.
Pfft, I already rejected this request when it was coming from users I actually like. Don't think you're going to fare any better.

Seriously, though, I was all set to post it but then hit a snag once I realised that there were literally twenty separate ties I needed to break up so as to get the order of the list right. Whoever I gave the list to would have to break those ties anyway (unless they wanted to post a half-assed list). Sorry that this is taking too long for you, but that's the price of getting it done right.