Notifications Glitch?

Tools    

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Apologies if this has already been talked about and I missed it.

Is there some sort of problem with the notifications? Most days I come visit and it says I have none, but when I check my rep points or messages, sure enough there are some there.

Anyone else having this problem or can shed some light on the subject?

Thanks in advance.

zen.

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

Chappie doesn't like the real world
It happens to me quite often as well. I'll just check my profile page from time to time and there is usually something there I missed.

Hmm. A few quick notes. Let me know if these sound like plausible explanations:

1) Notifications will show up for PMs on all pages; but the ones for Post Comments and Reputation only show up on the home page.

2) Notifications for Post Comments are cleared completely when you look at your User CP, and notifications for rep are cleared every time you look at your rep.

Hmm. A few quick notes. Let me know if these sound like plausible explanations:

1) Notifications will show up for PMs on all pages; but the ones for Post Comments and Reputation only show up on the home page.
Worked this one out a while ago

That could explain it sometimes.. but for example... When I visited the homepage for the first time today (just now actually), no notifications came up at all. Then I went into my profile and checked my rep points, and sure enough I had a few new ones. I also got a PM message over night the other day and never saw a notification for it. Just randomly noticed I had a new PM when looking the next day.

Hmmm, okay. Another idea: was this after a long gap between visits? Or did you hit "Mark Forums Read"? Both "reset" the non-PM notifications. After awhile it assumes you've officially "visited," so that it doesn't bombard you with tons of new posts or new notifications if you're away for a bit, or don't mark things read, etc.

Just had another thought; I notice you're browsing our mobile site a bit, zen. That might explain a lot, if you're switching back and forth. The normal notification system isn't on mobile. But if you look at the User CP on mobile, for example, I'm pretty sure it'll mark the notifications "read" the same way it does on the non-mobile style. Make sense?

I don't mark anything as read, but yes maybe it's because I don't log out and my computer is rarely off, just asleep. I do also use tapatalk to view the forums sometimes so yes maybe that is doing something.

Thanks for the help, Yoda. I've kind of just gotten used to it now, so no big deal.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Mine has been saying I've had three new profile comments everytime I log on, and there is never any new comments.