forgotten movie tittles

Tools    

ok sorry just been told to make a new thread, s iv prevously said im new to forums etc.

however there are 2 more movies that spring to mind from my childhood which i also cant remember the names of however im sure they will be much easier. one is aout a little flying silver ball {1960s-70s} i beleive its actually supposed to be an alien and a kid finds it and helps it {i think it needs power to get home. the other im sure was about a tshirt with a tigers face on it which made the wearer capable of superstrength or something along those lines. make that 3 films, iv just remembered one with an alien cat with a majical neclace that allows it to talk. i think its got the guy from herbie in it

just a few more thoughts on the cat film, its spaceship needs gold to get him back home and the military have got it. and iv also just thought of another film, a kid tries to make a potion or something and when hes not looking a pigeon ***** in it and it makes him invisible when ever he eats it, im sure this ones from the 80s.

sorry yoda, also its not batteries not included, its much older and only one silver ball, its also not flight of the navigator, this ball is no bigger than a tennis ball

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
The tiger T-shirt sounds like Sammy's Super T-Shirt.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Semper Fooey
The alien cat one is Disney's The Cat from Outer Space.

&feature=related

cryptic and will.15 are both spot on, thou i had just found the title to cat from outerspace moments befor retuning to this site, iv also found the title to "the invisible kid" everyone give yourself a pat on the back, youve all been on top form today, just the alien silverball to find now, the cat and the tshirt movies both from 1978 im guessing this may be around the same time, maybe a tad earlier

not sure if it helps but the ball is the same as the one from phantoms or phantasms or what ever the trilogy is called, but it doesn have spikes and tubes that pop out and it doesnt kill people {well it might but i dont remember it belng violent}

I think the first movie is E.T. by Steven Spielberg.

definately not et, much older than that plus its all about a small silver ball not a 3foot brown alien. but thanks anyhow. i thought it would of been the better known film out of all of them but i must be mistaken

Semper Fooey
It must be this very obscure movie. I remember reading this on ebay forums a long time ago, but I found this with a search.

: Identify 70s UFO movie - Boy & a Silver Ball?

Oct 1, 2009 8:28 PM
Hi, not sure if you're still following this thread, but I believe the movie you're referring to is called "The Alien Encounters" directed by James T. Flocker in 1979--it had a little round silver alien probe that followed a teenage kid around the desert and which I seem to recall he referred to as "Charlie".
I had a tape of it off of a late night UHF airing years ago but misplaced it after a while and have been searching for it ever since. Saw a vhs tape for sale a few years back on Amazon but didn't buy it, and now this weird little talky low budget sci-fi movie seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.
Looks like someone on IMDB was in possession of a copy a couple of years ago and had offered to make a copy for anyone interested, but not sure if he or she is still doing so.
Mike

http://www.scifilm.org/musing2248.html

It doesn't seem to work as a direct link (at least not on my computer), but if you copy and paste, it will get you there. Going to the imdb for the movie won't do any good as they don't describe it as well as this link.

will.15 you got my hopes up then, i don't think it is the same film, certainly same era. my memory of it back when i had a Betamax was it was an English film i certainly remember lots of countryside and i don't remember desert but i do remember there being a dusty shack and i was very young so back then to my eyes every film was filmed in England even ones with subs lol

mark f well spotted, i have a habit of doing things like that unintentionally, i spell my name Oli when abbreviated and my middle initials are m p my last email address was olimpcook@hotmail until someone pointed it out

why does english come up with spell checker when English doesn't. ok England but surely English isn't a name its a discription

Semper Fooey
Here is the entire thread in case you like one of the suggested movies better,

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Mov...3486&start=NaN

I think I found it. It may be one of the other movies mentioned in that thread and rejected. One of the reviews says the alien looks like a silver ball.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192075/

I was confused if it was an English film or not because the director is American, but I have confirmed it is a UK film, so it must be your movie. It was pointed out it essentially has the same plot of ET, but came out five years earlier.

will.15 now that looks promising, and i noticed it was made in uk too so maybe my memory wasnt failing me too. but i dont remember 2 kids. cant find a trailer but found a download and its in progress, unfortunately its in rar parts so il have to reset hub 10 times to find out so il get back to you alls sometime tomorrow

well done will.15 "the glitterball" is indeed the movie i was after, im going to enjoy floods of old memories tomorrow when i sit down to watch it. just one question thou, how on earth do you mark threads as answered. am i blind and just not seeing a box to tick or what

Semper Fooey
I'm amazed there were actually two glowing ball alien movies involving kids befriending them.

glitterball doesnt glow or sparkle i think it is made from lead by the looks of the tarnising of the surface. but still 2 movies about a alien ball befriended by kids cant be that out of place, how many films are there about a lost dog befriended by kids etc

Semper Fooey
Apparently, the moderators don't agree all three movies have been identified even though returner thinks so.