Which GAME would you like to see as a MOVIE!

Tools    

Im pretty sure that many of you play games so I was wondering what favourite game of yours do you think would make a good Hollywood Movie!

So far all game to movie, Movies have being, well crap.
The most recent game to movie I saw was Resident evil which I did not like at all! After I saw the movie I played the Remake RE game and hated the RE movie even more. The Game had great potential for intersting storyline, scares and action.

A game which I think would be a good movie if properly made , would be Silent Hill, if the movie provided the same amount of scares as the game did then Id be happy.

Tetris.

No, wait: Pong.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Longest Journey

Full Throttle

Sam & Max Hit The Road

Grim Fandango

etc

Strip Poker

Truth or Dare (not that pretentious Madonna movie)

Spin The Bottle

Is it a MAN or a WOMAN? (yes, my game)

A novel adaptation.
A Lucas Arts fan, Sullivan?
I quite enjoy the adventures of Sam and Max, but I'm not sure the little Lagomorph and his doggie pal would transfer well into a moving picture show.

Anyways, to answer the question at hand...
I'm thinking Solitaire, or maybe MineSweep.

Final Fantasy VII
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I think the new Squaresoft/Disney game Kingdom Hearts could be a really cool animated cartoon movie, or better yet, a cartoon series. It's really fun and actually pretty hard! The Card Guards of Wonderland keep kicking my @ss.....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Yeah, Legend of Zelda would be a good movie if it was made properly.

I don't think so.

I mean, Ocarina of Time is a brilliant game, probably the best ever made [oh, yes, you read right] but you could never capture the exact feeling of how epic it is in a two [or even three] hour film. We're in the midst of LOTR fever, too. That wouldn't help Zelda's chances at all.

The most interesting thing about the thread so far to me is that Sam & Max is thought of as a video game rather than a comic book. If the game is an adaptation of the comic and the characters, wouldn't a movie therefore be a comic book adaptation as well?
"Well, it all started the day before today. I remember it just like it was yesterday..."

It's OK. I was visiting a board once where the topic was TV shows that'd make good movies, and three different people in the thread nominated "M*A*S*H". I rolled my eyes of course, but when it comes right down to it I do have to agree with them - it would indeed make a good movie.

Well, yes, it would be a comic book adaptation....but animated.

Maybe we should have a thread for Which Comic Books Should Be Made Into Movies. Preacher anyone.

Here's a more obscure one (on topic): Planescape Torment.

A novel adaptation.
Originally posted by Holden Pike
The most interesting thing about the thread so far to me is that Sam & Max is thought of as a video game rather than a comic book. If the game is an adaptation of the comic and the characters, wouldn't a movie therefore be a comic book adaptation as well?
"Well, it all started the day before today. I remember it just like it was yesterday..."
But it is a game. And this thread of course pertains to which game would make the best movie.
So, y'know...

Regardless, I really don't think Sam and Max would transfer well onto film. This is supported by the TV shows they released, which, while still funny, were not nearly as funny as the comic or game.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I don't think so.

I mean, Ocarina of Time is a brilliant game, probably the best ever made [oh, yes, you read right] but you could never capture the exact feeling of how epic it is in a two [or even three] hour film. We're in the midst of LOTR fever, too. That wouldn't help Zelda's chances at all.
I completely agree with you there, I think the uninformed public would misinterpert a Zelda movie simply as a LOTR rip off.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Half-Life~Terrific game with a fantastic storyline.
Could be a superb flick.
Edward Norton fills the boots of Gordon Freeman.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I don't think so.

You're joking!!! I love that game! Im saving up for a Nintendo 64 so as to buy Zelda and Mario Cart: My two most favorite games. I remember Chris coaching me to win the Mushroom cup. It was the last lap, the finish line was in sight, and only Princess Peach was in my way, but I knew there was no chance I'd beat her, so I cut across the road and barely made first. *sniffles, wipes eyes* What a wonderful day that was, jumping up and down, yelling and screaming...

Slayton, you couldn't be more right about Final Fantasy VII, but don't you think Cloud would look funky with his stick up hair and puffy purple jumpsiut thingy?

Half-Life has a good plot to it, that i wouldnt mind a movie being made out of (actually i just want to know how the game ends without playing it )

How about the Thing, that would make a great mo...... Wait a minute!

Naisy= A very good person