'The Disaster Artist' effect on paracinematic status of 'The Room'?

Tools    

Hey guys, just wondering what opinions are on to what extent, if any Jame's Franco's 'The Disaster Artist' re-telling of Tommy Wiseau's classic badfilm 'The Room' challenges the paracinematic status that 'The Room' has been afforded since its release in 2003?

Effectively I am wondering if anyone has an opinion or reaction to if the fact 'The Disaster Artist' is a mainstream Hollywood major studio production and it's positive box office performance and critical reaction has in any way cast doubt over the cult standing of 'The Room', as 'The Disaster Artist' relentlessly drags this perceived badfilm into the Hollywood spotlight.

Thanks!

Welcome to the human race...
I don't see how it would affect the cult standing - more people being aware of a cult film does nothing to diminish the following it's already developed (especially one as fervent as that of The Room). The Disaster Artist, on the other hand, essentially functions as one giant in-joke for The Room fans while barely having an identity of its own so I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't hold up over time.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I don't see how it would affect the cult standing - more people being aware of a cult film does nothing to diminish the following it's already developed (especially one as fervent as that of The Room). The Disaster Artist, on the other hand, essentially functions as one giant in-joke for The Room fans while barely having an identity of its own so I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't hold up over time.
---Iroquois; www.movieforums.com; 2018

Hey, Iro. I've not been on the forums as much lately so I haven't looked. Have you seen The Disaster Artist? If you've posted a review, then my apologies for my laziness. Just curious.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
What a story, @Iroquois!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You're just a chicken! CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP

I havenīt even heard about The Room prior to The Disaster Artist. Cannot ask for a better tribute film. James franco should have won Best Actor and it should have been nominated for Best Picture. It reminded me a tad of Ed Wood with Johnny Depp but The Disaster Artist was even better.