Several New Releases

Tools    

Here's the latest info I've got for several new DVD releases. If dates were given then they are noted.

Legend of Baggar Vance, The - 4/3

Spartacus Criterion Collection - 4/24

Breakfast Club, The - re-release with tons of extras (May)
Sixteen Candles - re-release with tons of extras (May)
Weird Science - re-release with tons of extras (May)

Miss Congeniality - 5/1

X-Files Season 3 - 5/8

Big Trouble in Little China - 2 disc set featuring deleted scenes and new commentary with Kurt Russell - 5/22
Jaws 2 - 5/22
Men of Honor - 5/22
Point Break - 5/22
Unlawful Entry - 5/22

Also new to the pre-production list:

RoboCop
Total Recall
Starship Troopers - new extended version with more features

That's it for now. Not every studio emailed me their listings for some reason, so I'll probably be posting more in a few days.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Glad to see those John Hughes films getting a re-release with mucho extras. Of course, it means that I have to buy a second copy of Weird Science (since I already own a copy with no extras).

And Big Trouble in Little China is one I'll be adding to my wish list. Though it is inferior to Buckaroo Banzai, it's still a very entertaining flick. Glad to see it's getting the royal treatment on DVD.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Alright this rereleasing of DVD's is starting to piss me off. I already have Starship Troopers, Total Recall, X-Men, and Army of Darkness and their all being rereleased with more features! What the hell? DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!

Now I have to go buy those damn discs all over again! It just gets tideous after a while.

Laurie you go tell those companies I'm giong to start cracking some skulls if they keep doing this.

Lol! Wanna get rid of your Starship Troopers?
I'm still trying to get it.

I doubt 2nd releases will go away any time soon. I know it sucks though. I've got two copies of SEVERAL discs that I need to get rid of. What's really bad is when a studio puts out a DTS title and regular release of the same film, but each one has different special features. So if you want DTS, you may miss out on deleted scenes. That's why I love Gladiator, T2, and MIB so much. The studios weren't afraid to spend the money for two discs loaded with stuff instead of a half-*** release.

Here are some more releases coming soon.

Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai - July or August
Sex and the City - Season 2 - May
V: The Complete Mini-Series - May/June
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 5/29
Traffic - 5/29
Sopranos Season 2 - June
Uncommon Valor - May

I hate to say this, Peter, but here are more Special Edition re-releases.

The Fugitive - 6/5 - previous version is being discontinued in May.

Tombstone - no release date yet

Do we know if the V: The Complete Miniseries is both the original miniseries and The Final Battle miniseries, or if it is just the original miniseries? (Notice how I say "we" as if I have anything to do with anything).

Right now it's both parts in one set. They may end up spliting the series, but I doubt it. It will sell better as a two disc set.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Damn it to hell about those re-releases. Anyways. Got a question. Not really pretaining to the topic, but I don't feel like starting a new thread. I just bought Ravenous at Suncoast Video, and it cost like $36. Why so much more than any other DVD? It has crappy arse features. If it weren't one of my favorite movies ever made, I would be outraged.

Just to make OG even madder..
You could have bought it at http://www.video-now.com/ for $19.15 with free shipping.