How would you rate these actors?

Tools    

Here's little something,could you please rate these fine and not so fine actors in the scale of 1 to 10,and if you can be bothered,then tell why you rated them that way too.
Well yeah...here they are:
Brad Pitt
Robert Redford
Johnny Depp
Sean Penn
Russel Crowe
Robert De Niro
Marlon Brando
Matt Damon
Ben Affleck
Jimmy Stewart
Tom Hanks
Edward Norton

Muchos Gracias!

Now With Moveable Parts
Brad Pitt=10
Robert Redford=6
Johnny Depp=9
Sean Penn=10
Russel Crowe=9
Robert DeNiro=i don't know how i feel about him, right now. he sucked this past year.
Marlon Brando=same with this guy...earlier work=10
Matt Damon=7
Ben Affleck=7
Jimmy Stewart=10
Tom Hanks=10
Ed Norton=10

Brad Pitt 10

Robert Redford 8

Johnny Depp 10

Sean Penn 10

Russel Crowe 8

Robert De Niro 9

Marlon Brando 10 in his hayday but now he's an 8

Matt Damon 7

Ben Affleck 6

Jimmy Stewart 10

Tom Hanks 7

Edward Norton 10

Now With Moveable Parts
You scored Matt Damon better than Affleck. I was going to do that too, but I thought, eh...Damon is uglier, so he loses a point.

Just kidding.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
You scored Matt Damon better than Affleck. I was going to do that too, but I thought, eh...Damon is uglier, so he loses a point.

Just kidding.
well looks arn't everything my darling

Guy
All of them besides Affleck and Damon get a 7 or above from me!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by L .B . Jeffries

I know that, and you know that...tell it to Hollywood.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by L .B . Jeffries
To quote Jim Carrey from Liar, Liar, that's just something ugly people say.

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

• Brad Pitt: ACTING = 8
  • Robert Redford: ACTING = 6.5, DIRECTING = 5.5
  • Johnny Depp: ACTING = 9
  • Sean Penn: ACTING = 9, DIRECTING = 8, WRITING = 8
  • Russell Crowe: ACTING = 7
  • Robert DeNiro: ACTING =10, DIRECTING = 7
  • Marlon Brando: ACTING = 8.5, DIRECTING = 7
  • Matt Damon: ACTING = 6, WRITING = 7
  • Ben Affleck: ACTING = 5, WRITING = 7
  • Jimmy Stewart: ACTING = 7.5
  • Tom Hanks: ACTING = 7.5, DIRECTING = 7
  • Edward Norton: ACTING = 8, DIRECTING = 6
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Brad Pitt 7.5

Robert Redford 5.5

Johnny Depp 8

Sean Penn 8

Russel Crowe 6.5

Robert De Niro 9

Marlon Brando 7.5

Matt Damon 4

Ben Affleck 3

Jimmy Stewart 8

Tom Hanks 7

Edward Norton 7.5

Now With Moveable Parts
Those who gave Ed Norton a low score are high. The man is so talented. Check these out, if you haven't already:
Primal Fear
Rounders
Fight Club
American History X
The Score(his performance was great, a little like his routine in Primal Fear, but still good)

Originally posted by patti
Brad Pitt 7.5

Robert Redford 5.5

Johnny Depp 8

Sean Penn 8

Russel Crowe 6.5

Robert De Niro 9

Marlon Brando 7

Matt Damon 4

Ben Affleck 3

Jimmy Stewart 8

Tom Hanks 7.5

Edward Norton 7
Johnny Depp,Sean Penn and Brad Pitt are no way better actors than Edward Norton,little unfair really if you consider the fact he's done so much in his short career,and played every character imaginable.
And what´s that only 7 for Marlon Brando?
Oh well...

Ok, bette answer too then

Brad Pitt-7
Geat actor,that guy knows how to act,anyone who calles him a prettyboy,must be really insecure about themselves.
Robert Redford-6
Very charismatic actor,but there's something that stops me from giving him a higher rating.
Johnny Depp-8
One of the best actors of his generation.
Sean Penn-8.5
I dont care if he's a jerk in real life,not many actors come close to his talent.
Russel Crowe-6
Somewhat overrated,but still good.
Robert De Niro-10
No one came close in his heyday.
Marlon Brando-10
Ditto.
Matt Damon-6
Give him time,he will be considered as a great actor ten years from now.
Ben Affleck-5
Not sure about this guy,an average actor.
Jimmy Stewart-10
Nothing short of brilliant.
Tom Hanks-8.5
I loved Cast Away,dont really care if i'm the only person who thinks that way,i would love to see him play a bad guy though.
Edward Norton-9
Best actor of his generation,full stop,will be a 10.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Roswell

Edward Norton-9
Best actor of his generation,full stop,will be a 10.
He's a 10, now.

I'm not familiar enough with the majority of these people's work over their career to rate many of them with any degree of success or realism.

However, I will stir the pot a little bit with the people that I do know. Edward Norton is one of the finest young actors in film today and I agree wholeheartedly with anyone that gives him a high rating. I'd give Mr. Norton around a 9 right now. The quality of films that he appears in and his performances, especially in American History X, are top notch. Robert DeNiro is also a very fine actor. I'd give him around an 8 right now because lately I haven't seen him in any powerful films that really test his acting ability or expand it in any meaningful way. Showtime with Eddie Murphy? Give me a break! How much money did they throw at him to commit to that one!

How about continuing the list with some of my very favorite actors that I am familiar with:

Clint Eastwood 10 (both acting and directing)
Jack Nicholson 9
Sean Connery 10 (over career life span)
Anthony Hopkins 10
Morgan Freeman 9
Ed Harris 10
Gene Hackman (over career life span 10..I'm overlooking some of his recent work (Behind Enemy Lines??)
Al Pacino 10

In my opinion, these are some of the best guys working in the business today. You'll notice how they're all old too! The older actors, in my opinion, are the best actors.

• Clint Eastwood: ACTOR = 9, DIRECTOR = 10
  • Jack Nicholson: ACTOR = 9.5, DIRECTOR = 8, WRITER = 6
  • Sean Connery: ACTING = 7.5
  • Anthony Hopkins: ACTING = 8
  • Morgan Freeman: ACTING = 9
  • Ed Harris: ACTING = 8.5, DIRECTING = 7
  • Gene Hackman: ACTING = 10
  • Al Pacino: ACTING = 8, DIRECTING = 6.5

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm not a huge Eastwood fan. Sean Connery is a cool charactor...but not much depth...my favs from that list are Al Pacino , Hopkins, and Jack.

Originally posted by Roswell

Johnny Depp,Sean Penn and Brad Pitt are no way better actors than Edward Norton,little unfair really if you consider the fact he's done so much in his short career,and played every character imaginable.
And what´s that only 7 for Marlon Brando?
Oh well...
roswell, it's opinion, not a universal grade.
...but to be fair, i haven't seen all the films of each actor listed.... i questioned rating Norton as low as i did....i should see ALL of his work...but it isn't a requirement of the thread. as for Brando, i like him a ton in some things, and not much in others......i also rated each actor with the others in mind as my parameters. i'm even modifying my ratings a smudgen after thinking about it.

I can't believe you all scored Redford lower than Pitt. You all need to watch some older movies.

Barefoot in the Park
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Downhill Racer
The Candidate
The Way We Were
The Sting
The Great Gatsby
All the Presidents Men
Three Days of the Condor
Brubaker
The Electric Horseman
A Bridge too Far

Damn, he and Paul Newman are 2 of the greatest of all time! Just because he's old now doesn't mean he didn't have his heyday. I wonder, alot or most of you guys are younger than me, maybe you have the same mentallity as my ex-wife. She WOULD NOT give older movies a chance. Oh well. 10 points for the original Brad Pitt: Robert Redford!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."