President Trump

Tools    

I assume you're ok with this statement then? "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~ Lyndon B. Johnson

Yup. Great politician and a bird's eye view into the white mind and white privilege I says. I imagine you'll have a different take tho...
No, I quite agree with the sentiment of that statement actually. There's still a significant segment of the white population that will follow a leader blindly because of racist motives and of course this segment used to be even bigger in the '60s, when Johnson was in power.

Why would you think I'd have a different take? Are you insinuating that I'm a white racist because I'm skeptical towards certain anti-Trump movements?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This thread has done no good for anyone, but looking at its title, what would anybody expect?

I assume you're ok with this statement then? "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~ Lyndon B. Johnson

Yup. Great politician and a bird's eye view into the white mind and white privilege I says. I imagine you'll have a different take tho...
Good grief! You're assuming LBJ is endorsing the 'truth' of his quote, that's daft! One can have an opinion without gleeful endorsing said opinion. LBJ was a pioneer in civil rights.

BTW, the term "white privilege" is BS and racist. I'm white and I'm not privileged.

There's nothing racist about calling a country a sh*t hole just because it's majority black.

My parents country of origin, Belarus, was a sh*t hole. Why they left. Just because it's my background doesn't mean the place is not a sh*t hole. This is a majority white country. Just like Haiti, Sudan, Venezuela, etc are sh*t hole countries. Has nothing to do with the race of its people but more the politics

^it makes perfect sense. he knows by now his worshippers gobble up anything he says as truth, regardless of, you know... that pesky reality
And the Anti-Trumpers will take anything he says and twist it as an extreme, many of who call him a nazi. This and calling someone a racist is not a light statement and when liberals so freely throw out these terms they lose power. (Same goes the other way)

Bad countries usually mean bad governments, not bad people. And the people who want to come here from those places are, by definition, people who don't like how things are going there and think we're doing things better here. Seems to me that's exactly the kinds of people you'd want coming to your country. By leaving their home to come here, they've actually expressed more devotion to American ideals than people who just happen to have been born here.
For the most part I agree with the setiment, but many come and don't lose some of the worst customs from the sh*t hole countries they came from. Look at the domestic abuse rates of Muslims living in the west. Look at the Sharia code enforced towns in the UK. Leaving your country and losing the sh*t customs that come with it is great, assimilation. Bringing what made the country so sh*tty to where you're immigrating isn't

Why, it's almost as if being from a sh*thole country makes you appreciate what you have here and work even harder!
Something to consider here is how small of a population this is, and the means those who seeked refuge here had. Most Nigerians can't afford a plane ticket to the US. There are other factors here.

For the most part I agree with the setiment, but many come and don't lose some of the worst customs from the sh*t hole countries they came from. Look at the domestic abuse rates of Muslims living in the west. Look at the Sharia code enforced towns in the UK. Leaving your country and losing the sh*t customs that come with it is great, assimilation. Bringing what made the country so sh*tty to where you're immigrating isn't.
This is one of the giant problems we're dealing with here in Belgium (and Europe in general), particularly with behaviors that are inspired by (radical) Islam and the culture that goes with it.

I will go on the record one more time as saying Trump is not a racist he is an elitist. Maybe a distinction people don't care about but it's an important one if our discourse is ever going to move forward, which I highly doubt.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Whatever you personally believe, if you want to be a diplomat on your job, in your community or on the national or world stage. I would not recommend imitating our current president.

There's nothing racist about calling a country a sh*t hole just because it's majority black.

My parents country of origin, Belarus, was a sh*t hole. Why they left. Just because it's my background doesn't mean the place is not a sh*t hole. This is a majority white country. Just like Haiti, Sudan, Venezuela, etc are sh*t hole countries. Has nothing to do with the race of its people but more the politics
Get serious. He called the entire continent of Africa a **** hole. Do you really think that was just a big coincidence? Do you really truly think he doesn’t associate **** hole-ness with non-white people? Hes spent his life making comments like this. This silly tired spin of “hes just callin it like it is” is just garbage and clear denial. If Belarus is such a **** hole why didn’t Trump include them in his list? He loves eastern European countries. That’s where he gets most of his wives remember. And you can be sure he would be fine with Balearians immigrating to the US. I’ll give you three guesses why… And that’s entirely the point.

BTW, the term "white privilege" is BS and racist. I'm white and I'm not privileged.
I don't think you fully understand the term. If you have not read about it and are solely making a judgement based upon the explicit meaning of those two words, I can see why you might take offence with it. If you read about it more, you might have a better understanding of what it really is. I'm white and I have no problem of acknowledging it exists.

"Many people misunderstand what white privilege is. They think it means that we whites don’t struggle. That’s not the case. It means that the quality of our struggles are different than other racial groups’ because we’re considered the “default” group by an overwhelming majority of the systems we interact with."

"....Some people take white privilege as a moral accusation against them personally. The existence of white privilege doesn’t make any one of us a bad person. No single one of us invented it and we were all born into a world in which it already existed. In a way, it even co-opts us whites. The existence of white privilege does not reflect on the morality of any one of us. Our individual responses to white privilege, however, do."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b04dcf308d2aa1

http://www.yesmagazine.org/people-po...onest-20170809

I will go on the record one more time as saying Trump is not a racist he is an elitist. Maybe a distinction people don't care about but it's an important one if our discourse is ever going to move forward, which I highly doubt.
Of course he's racist. Why so much denial and hair splitting tonight! He has a multi decade history of making racist comments. He actively red lined blacks and Hispanics out of his housing developments in Queens and when confronted with it by authorities basically used the argument well everyone is doing it. My people just don’t want to live with those kinds of people. I would be at a business disadvantage if I didn’t discriminate. That’s not racist? Its ok because its just a business strategy? He has openly said jews are good with money so he hires them to be his accountants and when he found that there were some black people in his accounting department he was “shocked” because he didn’t think blacks could do well with math or be trusted with money. He has even said, “laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is; I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” And that’s an exact quote! So please explain to me how that statement could be construed in any other way but racist. Or is that just more "calling it like it is"? Nonsense... Is he a Nazi? No. Is he ruled by his racism? No. He'll happily engage with black people if it benefits him. Hes just a petty small minded run of the mill racist who happens to be president.

He loves eastern European countries. That’s where he gets most of his wives remember. And you can be sure he would be fine with Balearians immigrating to the US. I’ll give you three guesses why… And that’s entirely the point.
1. The Draniki!

2. The cool colored roofs!

3. The bikinis?

Get serious. He called the entire continent of Africa a **** hole. Do you really think that was just a big coincidence? Do you really truly think he doesn’t associate **** hole-ness with non-white people? Hes spent his life making comments like this. This silly tired spin of “hes just callin it like it is” is just garbage and clear denial. If Belarus is such a **** hole why didn’t Trump include them in his list? He loves eastern European countries. That’s where he gets most of his wives remember. And you can be sure he would be fine with Balearians immigrating to the US. I’ll give you three guesses why… And that’s entirely the point.
Is Africa not a sh*thole?

If Trump is truly a bonafide racist why did Ben Carson for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development? Or Elaine Chao for Secretary of Transportation? Or deisgnated Ajit Varadaraj Pai as chairman of the FCC?

Of course he's racist. Why so much denial and hair splitting tonight! He has a multi decade history of making racist comments. He actively red lined blacks and Hispanics out of his housing developments in Queens and when confronted with it by authorities basically used the argument well everyone is doing it. My people just don’t want to live with those kinds of people. I would be at a business disadvantage if I didn’t discriminate.
Source of him saying this?

He has openly said jews are good with money so he hires them to be his accountants and when he found that there were some black people in his accounting department he was “shocked” because he didn’t think blacks could do well with math or be trusted with money. He has even said, “laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is; I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” And that’s an exact quote!
No it's not. It's an exact quote from O’Donnell's book and is unconfirmed, O'Donnell was a disgruntled employee, who else has corrobarated these claims?

Good grief! You're assuming LBJ is endorsing the 'truth' of his quote, that's daft! One can have an opinion without gleeful endorsing said opinion. LBJ was a pioneer in civil rights.

Oh really? did you know the guy? Personally vouch for his character and all that? Give it a rest man... Find me a couple of brothers that say he was a pioneer in civil rights and I'll listen to you. You know who was a pioneer? Martin Luther King.

Do you live in America? Then you get more privileges and rights then black and brown people. Its just as simple as that. Can you deal with that?

Oh really? did you know the guy? Personally vouch for his character and all that? Give it a rest man... Find me a couple of brothers that say he was a pioneer in civil rights and I'll listen to you. You know who was a pioneer? Martin Luther King.
Oh really? did you know the guy?

Do you live in America? Then you get more privileges and rights then black and brown people. Its just as simple as that. Can you deal with that?
I get a couple points added to my ACT when I apply to college? Time to transfer baby!

@Powdered Water

What rights does @Citizen Rules have that black and brown people of America don't? Specifically rights I'm asking about, as in privelages granted by the government. Not cultural advantages, but rights. It's the word you used

LBJ signed the Civil Rights act into law. Don't know if that qualifies him as a "pioneer," but it was a Presidential first. As President he had the legal authority to do far more than any activist to actually make changes that could be enforced. And the key note (as to why he keeps coming up in Trump conversations) is despite the type of person he was, including being bombastic, vulgar and a pretty blatant racist based on all reports, he still did more to advance the cause of civil rights as President than many of his contemporaries.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
This thread has done no good for anyone, but looking at its title, what would anybody expect?
Oh hi Mark!

Have you any great movies lately?