Favorite character in Sin City.

Tools    

Appy-polly-loggies
I think Marv is by far the best.. some one said earlier that he was too flat of a charachter... but still I think he played one of the more Major roles in the movie... his role is the comic books doesnt seem to play as big but still it was well done in the movie.... even thought they fused three comic books togther...

What do u guys think of the second movie!? that they might and or ARE making?

Forget "favorite". Ill never see little Elijah the same ever again. That movie was a study in shock factor. I guarantee you I sat bolt upright the entire film, jolted from one jaw dropping monstrosity to the next. It was an orgy of senses. And they did it on purpose, so hats off to RR.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Aniko
Oh good...I'm not alone. Thank you susan.
I enjoyed it, but I would never say that everyone should. Like I've said before, Sin City is not for everybody, and that's not a bad thing. While it's enjoyable and interesting, in that it's a film about characters who create a warped sense of heroism where there is none - but it's not the revolutionary thing that everyone is making it out to be. It's a stylish breath of fresh air for Hollywood, maybe - and a decent idea to boot - but it's no more than that. This isn't my generation's Casablanca, and never will be.

District B13
Originally Posted by Aniko
I'm probably going to be beaten for this...but this just wasn't my kind of movie.

Best character for me was the use of color and the stylization of it.
I 100% agree.

As for a character I liked on the bad guys it would be Michael Clarke Duncan. My favorite gal would have to be Carla Gugino because I felt really sorry for her when now A-hole listed Elijah Wood ate her.

As for a good guy (can they even be called that?) I would have to say...........Mickey Rourke, because I haven't seen him in a movie in a long damn time.

I like Marv. He was so sweet!

I Will Shrink You
I think that some of the more minor characters are very cool too. Apart from the obviouse choices i lke the disturbed freaky characters. Kevin is very awesome (i have a thing for cannabilism ) miho and jackie boy also deserve a mention.

It's a credit to Frank Miller that all his characters are brilliant.

Best performance? Well, that wasn't the question, but Clive Owen, Benicio Del Toro, or Mickey Rourke. I've always thought that whilst Bruce Willis is very good, he's always a little bit overrated - I never found myself liking Butch from Pulp Fiction until about the third time I watched it. Whilst this seems like a rather sexist approach at performance analysis, I didn't really think any of the females really hit their role right on the button - Alba getting close. Miha (sp?) was good, Dawson was OK.

Of course, Frank Miller as the Priest jsut outshone everyone...

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Alex S.
I didn't really think any of the females really hit their role right on the button
I had a soft spot for the (Jaime King) Goldie/Wendy characters.

Dwight owns everyone.

My favorite in the movie its hard to say cause I really enjoyed all aspects of the film. Ones that really stand out in my mind though would be:

Kevin just cause of how even though he doesn't have one line in the film he can show so much through just body language. And that face expression really shows you that there isn't really much of a person inside of that body. He's like there but not all there.

Another character that really stuck out in my mind is Jackie Boy, I loved the whole scene in the car with Dwight that was great. But also I love the way Benicio Del Toro played him. I couldn't think of anyone better for that part.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Rosario Dawson, hands down. Sooooo hot, especially when combined with Clive Owen.