No plebeians allowed! - Mr Minio's honest music thread

Tools    

Noting zotis rec....
I'd couple of number girls before, not so fascinated by but seems worth to dig again

just as Kayōkyoku is different from City pop that is different from modern J-pop, but a couple of must have-s:.
i noticed kayokyoku and city pop had blending in 80s?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Are you familiar with these?
Yeah, I stumbled across Mitski literally a couple of days ago. It's quite pleasant. Mass of the Fermenting Dregs has been my favourite for years. Didn't know Chinese Football. I've known Tatuki Seksu for years. An amazing gimmick that really works! I think it was you who reviewed/directly recommended (can't remember) School Girl Distortional Addict, or maybe I've known it before. Anyway, pretty cool.
i noticed kayokyoku and city pop had blending in 80s?
Yeah, City Pop was closely connected to the blooming economy of Japan during the 70s-80s. Kayōkyoku on the other hand is older. It started in the 50s. It originated from Ryūkōka, but with jazz and Western influences.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I think both element work so well in 80s the like seiko matsuda i guess.
from 50s(or 60s?) that sukiyaki song quiet famous even get parodied in one of classic movie from my country. Im still blur overall tho eventho i knew some songs/artist of kayokyoku. Momoe yamaguchi Kinda interesting
But city pop is my drug
What is your fave album?
i love taeko ohnuki sunshower and hiromi iwasaki wish. Not to mention the progenitor kazemachi roman

But city pop is my drug
Marry me! We will overdose City Pop and Japanese cinema on our wedding night!
What is your fave album?i love taeko ohnuki sunshower and hiromi iwasaki wish. Not to mention the progenitor kazemachi roman
Ohnuki is the best out of these. A really great one that succeeded in releasing a streak of enjoyable albums. Right now I'm into Yukiko Okada!

It's so beautiful my heart is melting. Dance with me! It's so sad to realize she commited suicide.

Here's a list of City Pop I rated. From best to worst. Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, it leaves out many J-pop albums that also have some City pop influences, but for some reason are not categorized as City pop in RYM's filtering. Anyway, here's a list of J-pop albums and singles I rated.

BTW the Yuki Saito song I mentioned earlier was:

The video had Romanji lyrics, though. I can't read Hiragana. GOOD THING I ACTUALLY TRANSCRIBED THE LYRICS WHEN THE VIDEO WAS STILL UP I CAN STILL SING IT WOOOOOOOOOOH

@Mr Minio how can I find this music. The ones you recommended me are tough to find

Yeah, I stumbled across Mitski literally a couple of days ago. It's quite pleasant. Mass of the Fermenting Dregs has been my favourite for years. Didn't know Chinese Football. I've known Tatuki Seksu for years. An amazing gimmick that really works! I think it was you who reviewed/directly recommended (can't remember) School Girl Distortional Addict, or maybe I've known it before. Anyway, pretty cool.
I posted it in the rate the song above you thread. I probably posted it in another music discussion too.

But city pop is my drug
Marry me! We will overdose City Pop and Japanese cinema on our wedding night!
wait, these must be our daughter already!

What is your fave album?i love taeko ohnuki sunshower and hiromi iwasaki wish. Not to mention the progenitor kazemachi roman
Ohnuki is the best out of these. A really great one that succeeded in releasing a streak of enjoyable albums. Right now I'm into Yukiko Okada!

It's so beautiful my heart is melting. Dance with me! It's so sad to realize she commited suicide..

Here's a list of City Pop I rated. From best to worst. Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, it leaves out many J-pop albums that also have some City pop influences, but for some reason are not categorized as City pop in RYM's filtering. Anyway, here's a list of J-pop albums and singles I rated.

BTW the Yuki Saito song I mentioned earlier was:

The video had Romanji lyrics, though. I can't read Hiragana. GOOD THING I ACTUALLY TRANSCRIBED THE LYRICS WHEN THE VIDEO WAS STILL UP I CAN STILL SING IT WOOOOOOOOOOH
that okada pretty nice, sad to hear that she comitted suicide
Ohnukidefinitely the goddes of city pop. It also pretty impressed behind the scene ex happy end +tatsuro yamshita developn and prosper this style, showed especially on ohnuki's album
I still got plenty to hear from your list. I tend to love the early 70s to 80 so far which the funk and jazz beat pretty thick. The prospered 80s only feel okay-ish from what i found
I see you havent heard sugar babe - songs, it early tatsuro yamashita+taeko ohnuki and pretty good for most part. I guess theybkinda couple at the time idk

Lol you seems to love yuki saito. I dont remember about that one, but these i'd found when wandering on youtube was pretty dope

Introducing my 2nd goddess
Hiromi iwasaki

Mariya takeuchi, this gal end up being yamshita's bride

Miki matsubara, for the only song that too dope for not been mentioned

I know all of these. I know everything. I'm just listening to Hiromi Iwasaki.
Can't remember fiddling you, let alone meeting you, but hell, she grew up fast. These must be the Fukushima post-effects.

I know all of these. I know everything. I'm just listening to Hiromi Iwasaki.
there shouldnvt doubt if it you mr minio
Only You!

Can't remember fiddling you, let alone meeting you, but hell, she grew up fast. These must be the Fukushima post-effects.
there must be

The best hip-hop album ever:

The song starting at 22:40 has the deepest lyrics I've ever heard in a hip-hop song. It's so life-affirming!