Crappy movies you enjoyed

Tools    

The Final Countdown....It's an early 80's flick, that's real cheesy but I like it.
LOL! I'll have to definitely check that out. There's nothing more fun to watch than a cheesy 80s movie, I think that's why I liked the Rocker so much. Eyeliner, blonde wigs, fake british accents...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
LOL! I'll have to definitely check that out. There's nothing more fun to watch than a cheesy 80s movie, I think that's why I liked the Rocker so much. Eyeliner, blonde wigs, fake british accents...
Well it's not exactly cheesy. I just couldn't really put my finger on the word I wanted to use.

For those that know nothing about The Final Countdown, it's set on board the USS Nimitz and stars Martin Sheen and Kirk Douglas to name a few. Basically, the ship is transported via some mysterious storm to the day before the attack on Pearl Harbor. They then argue on whether or not they should alert the base about the impending attack.

I guess it's not really "cheesy" per se, but it isn't a masterpiece.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I just thought of another one I really enjoy that I really shouldn't. Gosh. Step Up 2 the Streets. I've probably seen Citizen Kane less times all the way through than I've seen this. *ashamed*

Magnolia, I like the frogs.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
It's pronounced something like Oo-ver if the introduction of his cameo in Postal is any indication.

Keep in mind that Postal is probably the only half-decent film he's done.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's pronounced something like Oo-ver if the introduction of his cameo in Postal is any indication.

Keep in mind that Postal is probably the only half-decent film he's done.
I'll take your word for it. I've never been one to want to watch one of his flicks. I'm still shocked that he gets money to make these flops. I mean it's not like these studio's don't know he's a black hole when it comes to money.

I'll take your word for it. I've never been one to want to watch one of his flicks. I'm still shocked that he gets money to make these flops. I mean it's not like these studio's don't know he's a black hole when it comes to money.
Check this out, then...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Boll#Financing

Boll continues to find investors who wish to acquire the rights for future video-game-to-movie adaptations. His investors are mostly German. He acquires the rights for potential future adaptations and personally oversees preproduction work, filming, and post-production.

Movies directed by Boll have performed poorly at the box office in the United States. House of the Dead (budget: $12 million) broke $5.73 million on opening weekend,[5] Alone in the Dark (budget: $20 million) made over $5.1 million,[6] and BloodRayne (budget: $25 million) topped $2.42 million.[7] But by far the worst commercial performance of his career was In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, which made barely $10 million worldwide at the box office on a $60 million budget.

In the DVD commentary of Alone in the Dark, Boll explains how he funds his films:

"Maybe you know it but it's not so easy to finance movies in total. And the reason I am able to do these kind of movies is I have a tax shelter fund in Germany, and if you invest in a movie in Germany you get basically fifty percent back from the Government."

Boll is able to acquire funding thanks to German tax laws that reward investments in film. The law allows investors in German-owned films to write off 100% of their investment as a tax deduction; it also allows them to invest borrowed money and write off any fees associated with the loan. The investor is then only required to pay taxes on the profits made by the movie; if the movie loses money, the investor gets a tax writeoff.

While Boll has received a lot of negative publicity regarding this funding method,[8] he was actually one of the few directors to use the tax shelter as intended. His films were financed, produced, and directed by a German company, which was the initial intention behind the tax shelter: to provide incentive for investment in German entertainment properties.
There's your explanation, I guess.

Yeah. I wonder if this is the case for movies like Disaster Movie and whatever other braindead pop culture comedies get pumped out every year.

Edit: I would also like to nominate Paul W.S. Anderson's Mortal Kombat.

I really do have a weakness for videogame movies. Even the worst are, in their own way, somewhat enjoyable.