Drawing Flies

→ in
Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
This is a truly oddball black and white film I saw a few days ago. It was produced by Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier, and stars Jason Lee, Jason Mewes, Renee Humphries, and about half the cast of Mallrats. It's about a group of friends who are living off Canada's welfare system to avoid getting jobs. When they get turned down, Jason Lee, whose character's name is Donner, decides that they should take a trip into the woods and stay in his uncle's cabin, (Rent free, of course), but as the days roll on it's pretty clear that he's not all there mentally, and is leading his friends on a hopeless quest to find Bigfoot. This movie is WEIRD. It didn't get any distribution to theaters, and not a lot of people have seen it. It's definitely worth a rental or two.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Rock God
yes, thank you for starting this thread! view askew nerds unite......

i watched this movie and at the end decided it sort of reminded me what would happen if mallrats and lord of the flies collided.

i still say this is jason lee's best performance, and most people will never see it. he's one of today's best young actors, and certainly one of the most underrated. the bigfoot thing becomes a bizarre obsession and you can almost watch his sanity and grasp of reality slowly slip away, unbeknownst to the other campers until nearly the end. the whole movie is strange, but the ending really trumps it in the weirdness factor.

great movie and renee humphrey is a cutie.

oh, and the writer/directors were malcolm ingram (a view askew regular) and matt gissing. smith only exec produced (with mosier of course).