What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

As you're here right now .....
Please tell me that's not the top of your head in that shot and that your hands (and feet too, but especially your hands) are not so hugely disproportionate to the rest of your body? I guess it would make your love for Howard that much more understandable though

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Spielberg's Duel (1971)
Magical film, very stylish, absolute cult for me.
I've seen it 3-4 times and I'm ready for re-watch anytime.

Images of my DVD:

Bought ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ on DVD.

Had to do it since it’s an instance classic and I know I will be watching it a few hundred times.

Can’t see myself buying too many DVD’s in the future.

Bought ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ on DVD.

Had to do it since it’s an instance classic and I know I will be watching it a few hundred times.

Can’t see myself buying too many DVD’s in the future.
have u seen Once Upon a Time in Mexico? its a good movie

have u seen Once Upon a Time in Mexico? its a good movie
I saw it once years ago, and don’t remember much about it. From what I remember though, it was a good movie.

Thanks, I’ll have to watch that again sometime.

Seraphim Falls (2006)

I don't know why this film is so overlooked. I think, it is a pretty good story, nicely shot.
Cinematography is superb. Nice cast.
It is a must for the western fans.
I was happy to find it at some DVD sale.

Seraphim Falls (2006)

I don't know why this film is so overlooked. I think, it is a pretty good story, nicely shot.
Cinematography is superb. Nice cast.
It is a must for the western fans.
I was happy to find it at some DVD sale.

Never heard of it but sounds very promising. Will watch at some point.

2 Irishmen in a western doesn’t happen often.

I think Brosnan is a very underrated actor. doesn’t get enough credit. Was great in “Ghost Writer”. I’ve also watched Brosnan in a lot of “B” movies and he makes an otherwise unwatchable film somewhat watchable.

I think Brosnan is a very underrated actor. doesn’t get enough credit. Was great in “Ghost Writer”. I’ve also watched Brosnan in a lot of “B” movies and he makes an otherwise unwatchable film somewhat watchable.
Yes indeed. I would agree with Tarantino who has said somewhere that Brosnan is the best James Bond for him.

Broken Silence. This is a 5 part documentary produced by Steven Spielberg telling stories of the holocaust. It is a bit like 'Shoah' apparently. I've seen neither so can't wait to get stuck into them.

I saw it once years ago, and don’t remember much about it. From what I remember though, it was a good movie.

Thanks, I’ll have to watch that again sometime.
u need to re watch it again and yes it was a good movie. ur welcome and u should

Yes indeed. I would agree with Tarantino who has said somewhere that Brosnan is the best James Bond for him.
I agree. For me Brosnan was the best Bond of all. His version was most accurate to the James Bond character in the books.

Connery was the OG.

Nothing against DC but I’m surprised when people think Daniel Craig is the best…seems like a strong case of recency bias.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
I agree. For me Brosnan was the best Bond of all. His version was most accurate to the James Bond character in the books.

Connery was the OG.

Nothing against DC but I’m surprised when people think Daniel Craig is the best…seems like a strong case of recency bias.
I disagree on many levels. I don't think that "recency bias" is always positive, it can also have the opposite effect ("i hate the new doctor who, the first one I saw was the best"). I don't think Brosnan's Bond is closer to the novel's than all others (this seems to be a claim made about almost every new Bond actor, actually). And most importantly, I don't think that accuracy to the novel has any relevance here. Popular culture's "James Bond", that super spy stereotype, is the suave gadgety movie version of the character, which has little to do with the more bland book character. If the movies had strictly modeled him on the novels, he would not have been such a cultural phenomenon.

So, I like Brosnan a lot in that role (in that one decent Bond movie he made, I mean, but he's not the one at fault for the other ones' scripts and dialogues), and I strongly dislike Craig in that role (though I like him very much in other movies). But, I really don't think Brosnan is the closest to the books, and I don't think it matters.

I also think that the novel's Bond is sufficiently neeutral to be represented, in the reader's mind, by the actor of his choice. And that Moore is the only one who wouldn't match at all (which doesn't make him a bad movie Bond at all). Lastly, I believe that Craig's success is only due to our current cultural values, in line with the success of pit bulls and rottweilers as household pets, humvees as urban cars, and gritty brutal action heroes à la Vin Diesel. It's the same thing as that Knight Rider reboot with some powerful-looking semi-tank instead of the original's slick sports car.

70's heroes would be the ones hopping over the fences to catch Richard Kiel-shaped thugs. Nowadays, the public roots for the former henchmen, bursting through the fences that the sneaky baddies hop over. I expect cultural tastes to keep oscillating back and forth between, let's say, the Terence Hill model and the Sylvester Stallone model. Right now, we're at Rambo 007. In 20 years, we might go temporarily back to Errol Flynn action. With all the intermediaries in-between. A lot of elements -such as our relations to each others- will play on that.

Bed of Roses (1996)

Yes, probably, it is a guilty pleasure but I remember when this movie was released and we were young and always in the theater and we've liked Christian Slater and Mary Stuart Masterson in those years. So, when I saw it at a DVD sale, I took it immediately.
Not bad cute movie.

The Curse of the Jade Scorpion (2001) •

Hollywood Ending (2002) •

Happy to have these two in my collection.
Very overlooked movies. Actually, good movies especially The Jade Scorpion which is a stylish feast, being created in comics visual manner.

The Curse of the Jade Scorpion (2001) •

Hollywood Ending (2002) •

Happy to have these two in my collection.
Very overlooked movies. Actually, good movies especially The Jade Scorpion which is a stylish feast, being created in comics visual manner.

Do you actually buy the Russian versions of these films?

Don't understand the question. What are these Russian versions?
When you post images of the DVD’s why are you posting DVD’s with Russian writing?

When you post images of the DVD’s why are you posting DVD’s with Russian writing?
These are personal photographs of my personal DVDs and I don't see there any Russian writing.

I went to the mall and got:

All About Eve criterion blu ray
Alice Sweet Alice arrow blu ray
Sixteen Candles arrow blu ray

I have seen all 3 before. I bought them because I like collecting Criterion and Arrow releases and they have really good special features on these three.

These are personal photographs of my personal DVDs and I don't see there any Russian writing.
This isn’t Russian writing?